Nov 9, 2011

24 Days of Thanks (Day 9)

I am thankful for technology.
 
Something weird to be thankful for huh?  A blog is supposed to reflect honesty, so lets do it. 
 
I remember using a cassette tape to record radio interviews and VHS tapes to record Hanson or movies off cable.  Now we have DVR instead of VCR's and flash drives instead of cassette's and cd's.  I'm amazed every day by technology.  Facebook can be VERY annoying, especially with all of the unnecessary updates that in my opinion seem to jam things up instead of make them better.  Technology has given us new avenues for keeping up with friends and staying in touch with family. 
 
We often find ourselves texting and emailing more often than picking up the telephone, but I still think that's ok as long as we don't lose touch with humanity.  It's quick, easy and convenient.  Now that we're all so used to a fast-paced and touch screen lifestyle, what would we do without it?  I'm thankful to have grown up in a generation that taught us computer skills....it has always been fun to "train" my parents and grandparents how to use the computer.  Who would have thought early days of playing The Oregon Trail on a 3 1/2" floppy disk would pay off??
 

No comments:

Post a Comment