Nov 15, 2011

24 Days of Thanks (Day 15)

I am thankful for scary movies...
 
If it weren't for horror movies, I may not love Halloween and by domino effect, may not have ever liked haunted houses.  I thank my parents for sharing the horror genre with Michael and I because it certainly influenced who we are today.  When I was younger, the "scariest" boogey man for me was Freddy Krueger.  I've had nightmares for as long as I can remember, so it was always realistic to me to have a killer in your dreams.  The new genre of horror is a little strange, too much gore.  The SAW series got way out of hand and quite frankly I can't even watch most of them because they gross me out. 
 
What happened to slow chase scenes? Boogey men with masks and a machete or butcher knife?  I think horror has lost it's level of suspense.  The youth of today may love it, but I appreciate what was.....the movies from the 70's, 80's and early 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment