Jul 24, 2012

Croissant pouch dinner

Delicious and easy dinner

I've mentioned before Hardy is "the cook". Not because I don't want to, but he enjoys it and quite honestly, he's better at it than I am. Occasionally though, I'll make something because he's unsure how or because it's a recipe I found. A friend of mine from work recently told me about this REALLY easy dinner and we tried it last night - OMG yum. So I wanted to share it.


1 can 8ct croissant rolls (we used big n' flaky)
1lb ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
shredded cheddar cheese
seasoning - your choice (you could use taco seasoning or other spices for meat - we used Adobo, sofrito and sazon with azafran)


In a skillet, brown the ground beef and cook with onions and bell pepper, drain well (add seasoning of your choice). On a greased pan, unroll the croissants in pairs. Spoon in beef/veggies in middle of croissant square, add cheese to taste and then fold up croissant sides. Bake in oven according to croissant package and voila!

They were soooo delicious and at first I thought we needed something else to eat with them, but I was wrong - one was very filling. We had enough croissants/meat to make 4 pouches. Like I said you can season meat however you want, or use a different meat in fact. But I can only review the one I ate - which was what I listed above.

I also heard this is delicious using rotisserie chicken and cream cheese :)

No comments:

Post a Comment