Jul 13, 2012

28 Weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights
 
 
 
How far along? 28 Weeks, Hello 3rd Trimester!  Holy moly, we're really in the home stretch now....time to get that nursery prepared.
 
Size of the baby?  2.25 lb, 14.8" Chinese Cabbage
 
Maternity clothes? Every day
 
Stretch marks? None that I can see
 
Weight gained: I've been saying I gained 2lbs total, but I was mistaken.  Yesterday was my first trip to my new doctor and now I officially have gained 2lbs.  I lost 4lbs in the first three months and gained 2lbs back between months 4 & 5 and I've gained another 2lbs since then, so as of 7/12/12 I've gained 2lbs.  When I tell people that, I keep getting shocked responses and no one believes I haven't blown up, especially since it's my first baby.  Like I said in a post a month or so ago - because I started off bigger, my doctor said I shouldn't go by textbooks on the weight gain aspect.  Apparently most women get pregnant at or close to their ideal body weight and I was well past that.  I'm not starving myself or holding back from eating mounds of food, but honestly up to now I haven't had the first craving or "gorge-fest" - there are still 12 weeks to go, so this could change I suppose.  Hell if being pregnant helps you lose weight, maybe I should keep popping em out!!  I KID, I KID.
 
Sleep: I have had very few complaints through this entire thing, but sleep is becoming more aggravating.  I flip flop a lot.
 
Best moment this/last week: The mini-reunion dinner was a lot of fun Tuesday night - Thank you for the invite ladies! I had an appointment yesterday for my glucose test and 28w check up.  Her heartbeat was 155 and I measured 29cm so every thing looks/sounds good!  I go back in 2 weeks.
 
Movement: Lots and lots - I'm curious though how one knows a butt from a head and elbow from a foot?  If I push on my tummy, I can definitely feel where she is, but have no idea on the anatomy of things....does that come later on?
 
Food cravings: Zero, so I think Persephone is an alien.
 
Gender/Names: GIRL! Persephone Layne Jones!
 
Labor Signs: None
 
Belly Button in or out? In
 
Wedding rings on or off? On
 
What I miss: Shaving my legs in the shower is actually becoming interesting, the belly is definitely an obstruction.
 
What I am looking forward to: My appointments will be every 2 weeks now, it'll be sweet to hear her heartbeat and learn how she's progressing more frequently!  Hardy lately has been more vocal and excited than I am about it all and that really warms my heart.  I never thought he would be as sweet as he is - but it's true a baby changes everything.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment