Jul 27, 2012

30 Weeks!

****Normally I email these weekly posts, but it is NOT working today for some reason :(. Now watch it show up later and I'll have 100 of the same post.


Pregnancy Highlights

How far along? 30 Weeks - ONLY 10 WEEKS LEFT!!

Size of the baby? I asked him yesterday what position is she in...it feels so hard behind my belly button and on my sides, so I was assuming maybe she was in a transverse lie (sideways instead of head down), but when he poked and prodded he said she was head down and her back was to my belly button, that's why it feels so hard. Strange how they can tell these things! According to BabyCenter - 3 lbs, 16" long, Cabbage!!

Maternity clothes? But of course. Sometimes I'll wear my normal t-shirts, but I find myself pulling the front down all day long...so maybe I should cut those out.

Stretch marks? Still just a few new ones around my belly button

Weight gained: 4lbs total. I was still kind of concerned by this so I asked the new doc what his thoughts were and he said the same exact thing, 15-20lbs is average.

Sleep: It's alright, still tossing and turning, but I'll live.

Best moment this/last week: KISS & Mötley Crüe was a lot of fun, I forgot that when you sit in the lawn at Lakewood you get to "people watch", there was plenty of entertainment even when the bands weren't playing :) . I also got to hear Persephone's heartbeat yesterday, it was 151bpm - I'm measuring 30cm. My blood pressure has been great too, it was 130/80!

Movement: Very frequent, even more so throughout the day whereas usually she's most active early in the AM and later in the evening. It's so neat to watch my belly move when she's twisting or turning.

Food cravings: Just a good ole' fountain coke, but I loved those pre-pregnancy, so I don't know whether to classify that as an actual craving.

Gender/Names: GIRL! Persephone Layne Jones!

Labor Signs: Don't think so...then again I've never had a baby before, so how would I know?

Belly Button in or out? Still in

Wedding rings on or off? On, but I decided to drop the engagement ring, just in case....my wedding band is looser than the engagement ring so it's easy to put on and take off.

What I miss: I guess it's sciatic pain...haha sometimes when I get up from sitting for a while, I hobble for a few seconds like an 80yr old lady because I get sharp pains that shoot from my butt down my leg. I'm to the point where I can't bend forward. I don't really miss it, but I catch myself trying to bend/lean and I'm quickly reminded I can't. I'm also finding myself sitting further away from my desk at work. I've already dropped my chair to the lowest setting, but the top of my belly tends to get squished if I try scooting in all the way.

What I am looking forward to: Getting this nursery together, my baby shower and meeting our little girl! Even though I feel this little alien, it's still hard to believe I'm pregnant.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thirty weeks seems like a big deal for some reason! So so excited!

    ReplyDelete