Even though the 2nd Trimester is described as the "perfect time for travel", I have had a lot of people question why we're going to Disney. Well besides the obvious IT'S OUR FAVORITE PLACE ON EARTH - unlike Six Flags or even Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Disney has many rides/attractions that are still do-able during pregnancy. Of course the parades and fireworks are a given non-harmful attraction for pregnant ladies.
I thought I would compile a list of specific rides/attractions so you could see there are MANY things you can still enjoy while pregnant at Walt Disney World!
- Astro Orbiter, a very slow ride, but one you can ride none the less
- Country Bear Jamboree - cute seated show - WITH A/C
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- The Hall of Presidents - seated show - WITH A/C
- Haunted Mansion - slow moving ride (my personal favorite)
- It's a Small World - indoor boat ride
- Jungle Cruise - fun outdoor boat ride
- Liberty Square Riverboat
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (has some sharp turns, but I don't think anything too serious for baby)
- Mickey's Philharmagic - seated 3D film - WITH A/C
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor - seated show - WITH A/C
- Peter Pan's Flight - slow flying ride
- Pirates of the Caribbean - indoor boat ride
- Stitch's Great Escape! This is just a seated experience, but has overhead shoulder restraints, unless your belly is too big to safely/comfortably buckle in - I see no harm.
- Swiss Family Treehouse - walk/stair through for those moms who like exercise
- Tom Sawyer Island - just a walk through like Swiss Family
- Carousel of Progress - seated show that moves very slowly (another personal favorite) - WITH A/C
- Enchanted Tiki Room - seated show
- The American Adventure - seated show - WITH A/C
- Circle of Life - short film - WITH A/C
- Ellen's Energy Adventure - seated slow moving indoor attraction (another personal favorite) - WITH A/C
- Journey Into Imagination w/ Figment - indoor ride (personal favorite), not harmful
- Living with the Land - indoor/outdoor slow boat ride
- Maelstrom - indoor boat ride similar to Pirates
- Soarin' - indoor flying attraction
- Spaceship Earth - slow indoor train-like ride (personal favorite)
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends - seated slow moving indoor attraction
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- The American Idol Experience - seated show just like the real deal
- Beauty & The Beast Live - live seated outdoor show
- Block Party Bash
- The Great Movie Ride - slow moving indoor ride (personal favorite)
- Indiana Jones Stunt Show - outdoor reenactment from scenes of Indiana Jones
- Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show - outdoor car stunt show
- The Magic of Disney Animation - a show/walk through tribute to Walt Disney Studio's
- Muppet*Vision 3D - seated indoor 3D film
- Studio Backlot Tour - partial walking tour, partial tram ride
- Toy Story Midway Mania - this ride is jerky in spots taking sharp turns, so play at your own risk
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid - live indoor show
- Walt Disney: One Man's Dream - walk through interactive gallery of Walt's life
- Finding Nemo the Musical - live indoor show
- It's Tough To Be A Bug - indoor 3D show
- Kilimanjaro Safari - this ride has some bumpy patches, but I'm going to see if they'll let me ride it...I would HATE to miss those amazing animals - every ride gives you a different experience, but I guess for PJ's sake, if they say no...then I will refrain.
- Maharajeh Jungle Trek - walking trail
- Pangani Forest Trails - walking trail
- Wildlife Express Train
I hope I didn't miss anything...if I did, I'll be sure to add it to the list after our trip.
So anyone who wants to shoot you down for visiting while pregnant needs to suck on their big toe - there are TONS of rides you can still do!!!
***Disclaimer, I am not a professional and any/all of these attractions should be AT YOUR OWN RISK.