May 16, 2012

The string test

So for fun a couple of co-workers and I decided to do the string test to guess the gender yesterday



You tie your wedding ring to a piece of string/thread and dangle it above your belly

...if it sways side to side it's one gender

...if it swings in a circle it's another gender.

I googled it and got conflicting statements, some people say circle is boy and others say circle means girl..so I DON'T KNOW, but I do know it will be one or the other, lol.


Anyway, the results of that test were without a doubt, circle


I know some of you patient mothers wish I would wait and surprise ourselves at the birth and I totally get that - - especially if I've waited 5mos, what's another 4, right?  Well I love surprises...but deep down, I fear what if something happens to any of my friends/family before the baby is born, but after the time I find out the sex.  If they were to go into a coma or worse case scenario die and they never knew what I was having - - I would feel bad (here I go worrying about others).

So it may sound silly to some, but that's my reason for wanting to find out - ya feel me?


Less than 24hrs :)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha you're so cute! If someone dies or goes into comma they aren't going to be thinking of anything... much less the gender of your baby. You do worry about others a lot, find out for yourself because you guys want to (or not). Text me ASAP when you find out, since I don't plan on dieing I need to know as soon as you do ;)!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love you - somehow in my head I think they may die more peacefully knowing the sex of our kid...you're right I'm insane, but I can't help the way my brain works :) Yes of course, I'll text - I'm not putting it on facebook, because I want to surprise my co-workers first and of course notify the family..so I won't even be putting it on facebook until I know every one "important" knows.

      Delete