May 9, 2012

Disney Day 2 - Epcot

Saturday morning, we got up and enjoyed some cream cheese danishes from Rix Cafe (the quick service food place at Coronado Springs). Afterward we headed for Epcot! We got there just a few minutes after it opened (thank goodness). After taking a photo of PJ's Mickey with our Leave a Legacy engraving (they took photos/word messages for 10yrs and then have them on display for 10yrs at the entrance to Epcot - kind of like the bricks at Centennial Olympic Park, only these are on granite walls), we rushed to Soarin' for fast passes. Then we rode, Living with The Land, Journey Into Imagination with Figment and Nemo & Friends. By this time it was time for us to head back to Soarin' and to eat lunch. I'm so glad Soarin' was our first stop, because by 11am the fast passes were already pushed out to 5pm! I love that ride, but I would never wait an hour or more to ride it.

Since we were already in the pavilion, we ate lunch at Seasons (quick-service). We both opted for Asian thinking it would be good, it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't the BEST meal either. Hardy had Mongolian beef, but it was more like pepper steak and I chose sweet/sour chicken, but it was made with light and dark meat chicken (eww) of course for dessert we enjoyed crème brulee' and there were NO COMPLAINTS there :)

After lunch we went to our other favorite ride, Spaceship Earth. I always hear people complain about how cheesy and boring it is when we get off, but I LOVE IT! It's classic Epcot, how could you not appreciate it? I also love that it's narrated by Judi Dench (a British actress) and I could listen to her talk all day.

From there we browsed the biggest shop in Epcot, Mouse Gears, this is where we got PJ's first Mickey shirt. Although it's baby blue, that doesn't elude to anything...we still won't know the gender until May 17th! It's a shame too, because they had TONS of little girl/boy clothes at Mouse Gears and I would have loved to splurge if we only knew. Luckily though most every thing you see at the Disney Parks can be found on (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disney-merchandise/). We hopped on over to Mission Space (for Hardy, not for me of course)....even if I weren't pregnant the last few times I attempted to ride it, it made me so nauseous!!!

While I waited for Hardy to finish, someone flying an airplane wrote a message in the sky: LOVE GOD = :) ...of course I only snapped a photo of LOVE because the wind and other clouds kept sweeping the words away, but I thought that was neat. It must take a lot of talent to write in the sky...wouldn't you think? A side note: IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT this day, terrible. I was probably sitting down in the shade more than I was riding rides, because it was just hot. That's one of the reasons we didn't take many photo's, of course Hardy with his spiked hair looked good from start to finish, but me on the other hand...oh no. I looked like a rag doll 1hr into each park every day, lol. There was no way I was going to take pictures of myself to share with the world unless you all wanted to have heart attacks.

It's a shame too, because I was looking forward to walking around World Showcase, but the farthest we made it was Germany (and we started in Mexico...so for those of you who have been there, know that wasn't very far!). We rode Grand Fiesta Tour (the boat ride inside San Angel Inn in Mexico) and one of Hardy's favorite rides in Norway - Maelstrom, another boat ride. Then we hung out in Germany until our dinner reservations were ready for Biergarten - if you love meat and veggies, or German food in general...this is your place to be! Also for dessert they had Bavarian cheesecake, ummm OMG - the best cheesecake ever.

When we were stuffed to the gills with food, we decided to head back to the hotel and relax for a while. My plan was to go back for the fireworks, but that didn't happen. I think I underestimated how quickly I could get tired. I've never had issues walking around Disney all day for a few days, even in the heat of the summer - but I guess being pregnant - even if only 4.5mos takes a toll on you whether you think so or not.

To be continued....next up, Hollywood Studio's

1 comment:

  1. Do you recommend World Showcase for kids Damian and Madelyn's age (5 and 2 when we go)? I have us scheduled at Epcot for 2 nights. We are eating at Akershus one of those nights so we will see Norway, but are we missing anything great?

    ReplyDelete