May 25, 2012

21 Weeks!!

 
Pregnancy Highlights:
 
 
How Far Along: 21 Weeks
 
Size of baby: She weighed 14oz last week, let's go with 14.5oz this week?? Using Babycenter's measurements, approx 10.5" long - the size of a carrot!
 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 1lb
 
Maternity Clothes: Hardy's mom got me two tops from Goodwill - can't wait to wear em'!
 
Gender/Name: Persephone Layne Jones
 
Movement: I am 100% sure I felt a few kicks last night.  All this time it's pretty much been little flutters and occasionally I can feel her move around, but last night someone was knocking!  I think I had my hand glued to my stomach for a few minutes hoping it would happen again.  I did notice from my ultrasound photo that it looks like my placenta is anterior (on the front of uterus), so that's probably why most of the movement I do feel is on the sides, the placenta is acting as a cushion between baby and me.
 
Sleep: I am sleeping much better now that our A/C is fixed :)
 
Stretch Marks: None
 
Labor Signs: None
 
Wedding rings on/off: On
 
Belly button in/out: In
 
What I miss: Nothing, although I've actually wanted a beer on one or two occasions.  Looks as though whatever craving I have is towards not-for-baby related things.
 
Cravings: None
 
Symptoms: Losing my mind, lately I've been forgetting things - that is really unlike me.  Even at work, I realize two or three days later I had a deadline for something and obviously didn't do it - whoopsie.  Last weekend I thought I was dying, I had what I like to describe as a charlie horse in my groin.  Only unlike an actual charlie horse, it didn't necessarily go away when I stood up.  I called the doctor on Monday and they were certain it was just round ligament pain...whew
 
Best Moment this week: Still spreading the news that we're having a little girl :)
 
 
A comparison:
 
Obviously I couldn't get the EXACT same angle, but I tried...
 
How would you describe the way I'm carrying her?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment