May 18, 2012

20 Weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights


How Far Along: 20 Weeks

Size of baby: According to yesterday's ultrasound SHE weighs 14oz :)  so I'm not sure if she's the size of a banana or not...but I'll use it anyway.  Her position was head down.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I gained 1lb this month


Maternity Clothes: Still the one pair of capri's, but I am showing off the three shirts I bought at Disney as often as possible.

Gender: Girl!  Ahh I'm so excited!

Name: Persephone Layne.  First name Persephone ((pronounced per-sef-oney)) - Hardy fell in love with this name over a year or two ago.  He's a fan of Greek mythology and other weird things.  He was actually reading the Percy Jackson series when he decided he liked it THIS much.  In Greek mythology she was the wife of Hades and Queen of the underworld. Layne was my mothers middle name and she passed it to me, so I knew I wanted to pass it on to my daughter if I ever had one (and now I will)!  AND GUESS WHAT - - He he he, we can still call her PJ ;)

Movement: Flutters every now and then..it was WILD seeing that baby on the ultrasound move around, but not actually feel it.  She was sucking her thumb and stretching her legs!

Sleep: Better.  If I could get rid of this cough, it may actually be PERFECT.

Stretch Marks: None because of the pregnancy.
Labor Signs: No

Wedding rings on/off: On
Belly Button in/out: In

What I miss: Nothing
Cravings: None

Symptoms: No new ones

Best Moment this week: Umm totally the ultrasound.  Funny thing, when we went into the exam room and they used the doppler the heart rate was in the 140's.  Hardy and I looked at each other like - "well maybe it IS a boy" since the heart rate was always in the high 160's.  But when we went into the ultrasound room, the tech was 100% sure there was no weenie.  It's amazing to be able to call PJ a SHE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment