Apr 18, 2011

Monday's Top 10: Movie's

So I thought I would start a new "Monday" blog topic This week I'm going with MY top 10 favorite movie's...


10. Twilight

Yes, although some people may think this would be my automatic favorite movie, it is not.  I actually think it's a horrible adaptation of a book to film.  It is, however, not the worst movie I've ever seen and I have watched it a number of times, over and over, by default it makes the list.  I do like to look at Robert Pattinson.

9. The Notebook

Ahh yes, a believable love story - right?!  I do love this movie, the acting, the story..it's all perfect.  I still cry any time I watch it, call me a sap.  Plus I'm a southerner, how could I not like a movie based in the south?

8. Teen Witch

Oh yea, I LOVE this movie, another cheesy childhood favorite.  I always wanted to be a witch after watching this, even though I knew it was never possible.  I thought Robyn Lively was so beautiful with her red hair.


7. Pirate's of the Caribbean: At World's End

What we thought was going to be the end of Captain Jack Sparrow - I'm in luck since there's another one due out May 20th!  There was a lot of cool things filmed in this movie, the upside down water, souls floating in the water, the huge battle, Will becoming Captain of the Flying Dutchman.  Most importantly of course - Jack Sparrow :)


6. A Nightmare on Elm Street

Ok, so here's where I become a weirdo, right?  I LOVE horror movies, always have, always will.  It's only natural that one of my favorite would be a horror movie.  I relate all to well with the theme of the Nightmare on Elm Street series...nightmare's.  For as long as I can remember I've had nightmare's!  But these movies are perfect.

5. Peter Pan

Well #1 this is a Disney classic, #2 it has Tinker Bell.  No honestly, I wish there really were a Never Land, and NO - not Michael Jackson's Never Land.  Mermaid's, pirate's, lost boy's...uhhh hello?!?  This basically equals my idea of heaven!  I've always wanted to fly anyway, you know...without an airplane.

4. Toy Story

This movie will always hold a special place in my heart.  I used to watch it nearly every day with my younger brother Trevor.  It reminds me of my childhood, his childhood...being siblings, it's great.  When I watched Toy Story 3 I actually cried at the end because Andy's story reminded me so much of Trevor's.  Although Trevor is only 15, he's grown up so much.  Disney truely outdid themselves with this series...it's beautiful.

3. Beetlejuice

Like with The Neverending Story, I also had Beetlejuice on VHS and played it to death.  Kind of odd that I would love a semi-scary movie at such a young age but I did! I wanted to be Winona Ryder's character so bad, I wanted to draw a door with chalk, knock on it three times and end up on the other side.  Of course, this movie provided a lot of one-liner's that I still like to quote :)

2. Pirate's of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Umm what's not to love about this movie??  Johnny Depp + Orlando Bloom as pirate's??  I actually didn't see this until it came out on DVD but from the first time I saw it I was in love.  I have seen both sequels on the day they premiered just as a loyal fan would AND I do plan on seeing the 4th installment when it's released on May 20.

1. The Neverending Story

I realize watching this movie now, how corny it is...but it was and will always be my favorite movie of all time.  I can remember replaying the VHS over and over.  I still tear up when Artax drowns in the swamps of sadness, the wolf, G'mork still scares me.  Of course, I still find Falkor an adorable luck dragon.  To this day I will quote lines from this movie.  It is a childhood favorite.

2 comments:

  1. I'm blog-hopping today :)

    The Never Ending Story was a favorite of mine growing up too! I haven't seen it in YEARS! I remember thinking the princess was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen and I wanted one of those headpieces she wore! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, she was a pretty girl. I don't think she's ever acted in anything else since then - of notable mention anyway.

    ReplyDelete