Apr 15, 2011

If all the rain drops...

(Isn't this an amazing photograph?  Some guy from Atlanta took it during one of the recent storms)


I've always had a fear of thunderstorms, I don't really know what caused it.  Sometimes if the storms got bad enough, I would always make a palet in the floor next to my moms bed.  Isn't it amazing how we think our parents can save us from EVERY THING??  I wish they could. 

As I've grown up I've been able to tolerate thunderstorms more, but I still get anxious.  Hardy gets aggravated at me because if we're in bed when a storm comes I will scoot closer to him, ha ha ha.  It's obviously tornado season and it seems like for the past 3-4 weeks we've had at least one good storm a week and quite frankly, I'm getting tired of it.

A. I don't feel comfortable going to sleep assuming there's impending doom headed my way.

B. I hate falling asleep and getting woken up by thunder, crazy lightning, wind or even hail.

C. I hate that the news/meterologists build up the suspense all day, telling us to prepare for the worst, but when it actually hits our city - they're too busy talking about other miscellaneous news reports instead of covering the weather conditions constantly.

D. I don't like not being able to SEE - you know because it's dark at night.

E. I worry I won't get to my cats in time.


I know storms are a part of nature but I just don't like their unpredictable-ness.

1 comment: