Apr 13, 2011

...Getting Inked...


Every one has their reasons for hating tattoo's or liking tattoo's.  I personally don't care if people have them...it's your own decision.  I have one on my right foot of a pink star - no bigger than a quarter.  I got it in February 2004, I love it, it's cute, it's "petite" and I know I will never regret it.  It can be easily covered up, not that I have to but it's perfectly placed in the same area a flip flop strap sits on my foot.

Why did I choose a star?  I have no idea...it just popped into my head and I went with it.  It has FADED terribly ** wished the artist would have said the top of the foot isn't the best place for colored tattoo's**.  I've been meaning to get it touched up all this time but never have the money (shop minimum is usually $55).  Over the years I've wanted another one but just never knew what to get....the pain is only temporary so I can see how people want more and more.

Me, myself and I don't want to be covered in tattoo's, I like the simple side.  I was thinking a few weeks ago about how much I love my fur-babies and how they won't be with us forever (bummer) but I always want to remember them.  I know that when the day comes when they do pass (hopefully not soon) I will not bury them in my backyard, in fact, if we're still in our current neighborhood, I'm pretty sure it's against HOA rules to bury a pet.  Not to mention, if we ever move, I would NOT dig up our pets and move them (another reason why when I die, I want to be cremated, but that's an entirely different blog post!)

Soooo back on topic, I want my next tattoo to be two small black paw prints,- basically like the photo above - diagonally on my left or right wrist.  I keep picturing it on my left wrist so I guess I'll go with that one.  A friend of mine said "Why don't you just put their pictures in a locket and wear it as a necklace".  Good point, however, I rarely remember to wear jewelry unless it's my wedding rings/earrings which stay on 24/7.  A necklace can get lost or broken.  I feel like having these two little paw prints on my wrist would be a constant reminder of our sweet Tinker Bell & Flower.  Would I get more paw prints if we ever had more cats???  I'm not sure, I can't honestly say.  But sometime, maybe soon if money mysteriously falls in my lap, I will be getting a tattoo as a tribute to these two felines who have brought me so much joy

You may think getting a tattoo to commemorate a pet is silly and that's fine - you're entitled to your own opinion.  I know they aren't human, believe it or not :)   but their unconditional ability to love is heartwarming.  They always know when to head butt you if you've had a bad day.  They make your heart melt with a begging "meow".  They do silly flips/flops on the floor and wrestle with each other.  They're our personal battery free alarm clock.  They are apart of our family.  I love animals of all kind, but these two cats in particular have "left a paw print on my heart".  They won't know what a tattoo is and because they're cats, they could care less.  I need to do this though, this is for me.

I've grown a lot in the last few years, even more so in the last several months.  I've realized you can't live your life worrying about pleasing other people - outside of the normal respect we as humans should hold for one another.  For too long, I've said/done certain things around certain people - - not to impress them, but just to make sure I was accepted.  THAT'S STUPID!!  Why shouldn't I be me?  What's wrong with Amanda?  NOTHING.  I hate that it took me so long to realize this simple fact of life, but some things you just have to figure out on your own no matter how many times it's beaten into your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment