Apr 28, 2011

Alabama

This year has been quite a record breaking year in terms of weather.  I've never liked tornado season, but who does??  For the last month and a half it seems we're having severe storm after severe storm on a weekly basis.  Some of my family lives in Pinson, AL (metro-Birmingham) so for any of you who actually watched the news/weather yesterday...you know Alabama was hit pretty hard with multiple tornado's.  Tuscaloosa was devastated with a 1/2mi wide tornado.  That same tornado stayed grounded all the way to Birmingham, Gadsden and on into Rome, GA.  By the time it got to the city of Birmingham it was approx 1 mi wide.  Parts of the cities damaged were literally leveled, wiped out.  The death count is rising and I'm sure will continue to rise as they have rescue crews out looking for people during daylight hours. 


The photo's I've already seen are unbelievable.  Luckily my family was unharmed even though they were directly in it's path, per the weather predictions. Mother nature is surely pissed off at something. I've decided I DO NOT like spring anymore.





2 comments:

  1. I hated watching the coverage last night. I was up until midnight (3 am by you) and they were still giving new storm information. I felt sooo bad (and happy i moved recently) for all the poor families that have lost so much. I saw an older mans home torn apart (except for the kitchen) and he wanted so badly to cry but he tried to stay postivie by saying at least his family didnt get hurt. :-( Obama declaired it a state of emergency last night (your early evening) so I hope there is lots of clean up and rebuilding help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy all of your family is ok. Those storms were absolutely devestating.

    ReplyDelete