Apr 1, 2011

MMMbop

MMMbop
♫ You have so many relationships in this life, only one or two will last.  You go through all the pain and strife then you turn your back and they're gone so fast ♫
 
When I think back to all the friends and/or acquaintances I've made over the years, it's unbelievable to think about how long you know people.  What kind of imprint they can leave on your soul.  You learn things from them, grow from them...or sometimes back track.  But I do believe we meet people for a reason, big or small, happy or sad.  The following are some people I've felt a connection with that I thought I'd mention.
 
Danielle - We met in 7th grade at Richards Middle School, our mutual love for Hanson brought us together.  We formed one of the most memorable friendships I've ever had (yes, even between our bickering, debates, tears, laughs and heartache).  You are three days older than me.  I've always thought it was neat that Kurt Cobain died on your birthday but wasn't found until mine.  It is a morbid thought I guess, but still something that reminds me of you.  Although we've drifted apart over the last several years, I always think about her and I smile.  The smallest thing can happen during my day and it will bring back a memory.  She recently moved to Oregon with her husband Josh and although I wasn't able to see them off,  I hope one day we will see one another again face to face.  She will forever hold a special place in my heart.  I miss you!
 
Tabitha - Oh Tabby Cat, Terabithia, BFFLADYFI.  We met at work - yay for lawn care!  Your are the best friend I have had in recent years.  I can confide in you in anything and I'm not afraid to be myself in front of you.  You love me for who I am even when I say some off the wall things.  I value and cherish your friendship so very much.  I Really wished we hung out more....besides our office, ya know?!  It's hard to imagine two people can connect through work, but we did and I wouldn't change it for anything.  We've shared many LOL's, some to the point of tears, we saw Blink 182 together, we've broke it down on the dance floor during the Christmas party.  You can always make my hair look good in less than 5 minutes and you support me whenever I need a friend.  I love you and your sweet face BFFLADYFI!!
 
Stacy - We met at South Effingham High School (oh yes, there is a county called Effingham IN GEORGIA no less!!), I had just moved there in the middle of my Junior year and didn't have any friends but you accepted me for me.  I loved loved loved having Agriculture and Early Childhood classes with you, you always knew how to make me laugh.  You have always been a beautiful beautiful person and I hope you never forget that.  From gauging our ears, to seeing who could go the longest without washing their hair...getting the sweet tea at lunch that was "only" for teachers..,.and most recently, doing an AMAZING job with my make-up for my wedding.  Although time and distance has kept us apart, you have and always will be on my mind.  I love and miss you!!
 
Becca - You were officially my first "online" friend - an AOL friend at that.  We met in a Hanson chartroom ha ha ha.  We quickly developed a friendship and became not only online pals but pen pals.  I remember getting your letters in the mail, they always came in cute little envelopes with scenery painted on them.  We officially met face-to-face in 2002 when I flew to Orlando to visit you and see Hardy at college.  I remember the car accident leaving the airport...uhhh guess stupid driver's aren't just in Georgia.  We had an awesome weekend going to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure and I appreciate you keeping an eye out on my man while I wasn't there ;)  We have since remained friends over the years and I'm still so happy to have met you.
 
Lindsay - You my dear sweet friend are so special to me.  I feel like I've known you all my life, we share a connection that some people just wouldn't understand.  I've been through the laughs and tears with you, I've listened, I've given advice and I just down right think you're an amazing person.  You have gotten married and had two beautiful babies since we first talked.  I couldn't believe it when you and Zach actually showed up at our house in August 2010 - - it was cute that both your friends and mine we worried we were literally going to kill one another.  It was the best three days I have had in a loooooooooooooooong time.  I am so glad we all hit it off so well (but I knew we would).  I promise, one day, Hardy and I will make a trip to PA to visit!!  I have to meet Austin and Shayla :)

3 comments:

  1. :-) remember when people used to say we "fight like a married couple"? Haha just remembering....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new blog design. I love your post and you even more :)

    ReplyDelete