Mar 6, 2012

Week 9

Pregnancy Highlights
 
As of Saturday, you were about the size of a grape!
 
 
 
By the end of this week, you'll be the size of a prune!
 
 
 
 
How Far Along?
9 weeks - 3 days
 
Size of the Baby?
grape
 
Maternity Clothes?
Not yet
 
Gender?
May can't get here soon enough.  It would be great if we found out the sex just before our trip to Disney!
 
Movement?
Nope
 
Sleep?
Getting to sleep is no problem, in fact I'm in bed before 9:30 most nights, but I toss and turn all night long.
 
Cravings?
None, I would actually say there's a lot of food that doesn't appetizer me.  It doesn't necessarily make me sick, but I find myself not eating much.
 
Symptoms?
Unforgiving headaches, that is all.
 
What I Miss?
Nothing right now...I'm feeling relatively good.
 
Baby Center Update for week 9:
Your new resident is nearly an inch long - about the size of a grape and weighs just a fraction of an ounce.  He/she is starting to look more and more human.  The essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months.  Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form - as do their tiny teeth.  The embryonic "tail" is completely gone.  Your baby's organs, muscles and nerves are kicking into gear.  The eyes are fully formed, but the eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks.  There are tiny earlobes and the mouth, nose and nostrils are more distinct .  The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones.  Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, he/she is poised for rapid weight gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment