Feb 12, 2012

What scares you?

When I say scare, I mean...like heart pounding, adrenaline running through your veins scary.

Like the feeling you get before going down the first hill on a roller coaster...
Like the feeling you get when you're walking to your car in the dark...
Like the feeling you get when you walk down the hall in the night...
Like the feeling you get when your dog barks at mid air...

Last night for the first time we watched Paranormal Activity, hard to believe considering we're "movie buffs".  There was a lot of hype over the movie and well we wanted to know if it was worth it or not.  I'll say ultimately the movie stunk, because it ended stupid and there were a lot of things left open ended.  BUT for the duration of the movie, I found myself easily spooked of the unknown.  I realize having experience volunteering at a haunted house should put me at the top of the mountain, but it doesn't.  It certainly has helped build my tolerance, but there are still some things that naturally spook me.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE horror movies, but there have been few that actually freak me out.  Mainly because I know zombies and monsters don't really exist (right...).  When it comes to ghosts and hauntings though, who knows.  As a child I always feared Freddy Krueger over Michael Myers or Jason Vorhees...because I have had my fair share of nightmares, I could relate to a killer who comes after you in your dreams.  I never went to summer camp so Friday the 13th was always "unreal" for me.  Michael Myers was a serial killer...so technically he could be considered real, because there really ARE murderers in the world...but still, he's under my monster list.

So anyway...Hardy and I lay on the floor last night watching Paranormal Activity and I found myself numerous times backing up towards him and covering as much of my face as I could with a blanket while still being able to see the movie.  Ha ha I felt like such a little scaredy cat.  I went to bed and kept swearing I could hear things, then I had to remind myself "We have two cats" or "The ceiling fan has always made that noise".

I'm curious...WHAT SCARES YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment