Feb 3, 2012

Countdown is still on :)

A couple of weeks ago I made a pity party post because I was having what I thought was a crap week. One of my points in that post was that we may not be able to go to Disney as we had planned ::severe crocodile tears::

Luckily after research and playing around with Tax Slayer, I figured out that we would be getting a tax return if I did married filing separate. I'll honestly say there are some benefits to doing it that way especially if one of you owes and the other doesn't.

Anyway once all was said and done we wouldn't be getting much back and would end up having to pay more out of our regular budget just to make Disney work. Then of course we found out about PJ and that shook things up even more. I researched different things online to try and find out how we could make it work.....and finally did. I couldn't totally cancel the trip because we would lose money, so I modified it.

We aren't going for a week as originally planned, so we are doing 2 nights at Coronado, 3 day park hopper plus dining and saving $610 from our original booking...oh yea.

Besides I need to hang on to my vacation for when PJ arrives that way I can have a couple weeks of full pay before my Aflac kicks in (did you read that Emily?!?).

Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! Glad you are still getting to go and proud that you have aflac! If you need help with your claims let me know, zach said he would be happy to help!

    ReplyDelete