Jun 15, 2012

24 Weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights
 

How far along?  24 Weeks - - officially 6 months along, my how time flies!
 
Size of the baby? 13.5" and approx 1 3/4lbs.  Doctor asked yesterday what I weighed when I was born and he said that was the best way to "predict" for PJ.  He said the mothers birth weight is a better indicator than the fathers.  Interesting huh?  I was born at 7lb/7oz, guess we'll know soon enough.
 
Maternity clothes? Yes! My awesome mom and I went shopping last weekend and I got 5 new tops and three new bottoms, plus a dress - I'd say I'm all set for the duration.
 
Stretch marks? No.
 
Weight gained2lbs total.  I even asked the doctor if I should be worried - I'm not eating any more or less than prior to pregnancy.  He said he wasn't worried, and nicely explained since I didn't start off at "ideal body weight" then I'm not expected to gain like the textbooks say (approx 10lbs the first trimester and roughly 1lb a week for the remainder of the pregnancy).  He said unless I start gorging food between now and the end, it would be normal to expect 10-15lbs total weight gain at delivery.
 
Sleep: Yea...yea...I'm waking up with my arms numb occasionally - that's annoying.
 
Best moment this/last weekHearing her sweet heartbeat again yesterday, it was 148bpm!
 
Movement: Every day and in the words of the band Loverboy, "I'm lovin' every minute of it"
 
Food cravings: None
 
Gender/Names: GIRL - Persephone Layne Jones!
 
Labor Signs: None
 
Belly Button in or out? Innie
 
Wedding rings on or off? Still on
 
What I miss: Being able to dye my hair...I'm sprouting gray/silver hairs all over and it's embarrassing me.  
 
What I DON'T miss: I added this one myself.  I DON'T miss being plain flabby...at least with a preggo belly I look cute.  I DON'T miss migraines ::knock on wood:: I haven't had a single one since the first month of pregnancy and for me that's HUGE.  It's great to have my head back...for now anyway.
 
What I am looking forward toHearing her heartbeat again next month and of course, KISS & Mötley Crüe on July 24th!

No comments:

Post a Comment