Jan 16, 2012

Yummie food

One day last week I was at Publix after work and passed the seafood section, normally I keep on walking because I can't stand the smell, but that day I decided to stop and get 1/2lb of peeled/de-veined shrimp. I took it home and asked Hardy to try and make shrimp scampi, I figured it would be easiest. I've never cooked shrimp myself, unless it was in one of those frozen dinners (Voila, Contessa..etc).

In my opinion, the outcome was better than Red Lobster and that says a lot considering that's the only place I'll eat shrimp (I hate cold shrimp and fried shrimp). Since I found it so tasty, I thought I'd share the ingredients...he added all of these without measurement, so feel free to go over or under.


Hardy's Shrimp Scampi

-Shrimp (peeled/de-veined)
-White wine
-Paprika
-Parsley
-Melted butter (we used 2 tablespoons)
-Minced garlic

He mixed all of this together in a bowl with the shrimp while heating some oil in a pan on the oven. Add shrimp to pan (remaining juices and all) and cook till opaque/pink.

We ate a salad and baked potato with it and that seemed perfect, but I'm sure it would be tasty on some pasta too.

No comments:

Post a Comment