Jun 2, 2011

Thursday's Thought For The Day


Don't let the thoughts and expressions of other's affect you and your life.

I keep telling myself this in hope's that one day it will eventually sink in, but who am I kidding?? Almost every thing is easier said than done.  I've been a passive person most of my life, choosing to go with the flow so not to stir the pot.  In most cases, it's easier to be non-confrontational about certain things, but as I've gotten older, I realize I'm being walked on instead if diffusing things.  I feel more accomplished when I've stood up for myself, but then immediately start to worry about what may occur down the road as a result of being so up front and forward.  I NEED TO STOP DOING THAT and so should you.
 
I'm still struggling with letting people "get to me", a lot of the time it appears that's what their mission is - - to get under your skin.  Life is too short to worry about what people say or think.  If you can stand your ground respectively, do so and move on about your day.  No one.is.better.than.you.  No one deserves to be badgered and broken down.  I struggle daily with trying to balance being passive and aggressive, but I'm trying and I won't give up.
 
I am Amanda, I am ME and I wasn't born to please you.  Treat me with respect and I shall do the same in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment