Jun 13, 2011

Monday's Top 10 : Favorite Disney Rides

In case for some odd reason you didn't know....I love Disney World, it would be hard for you not to know that, right? I thought it would be fun to compile a list of my favorite WDW rides!


10. Jungle Cruise


Located in the Adventureland area of Magic Kingdom. This is a comical boat ride involving fake animals, a crazy boat captain and it's a nice way to escape the heat of the day. I think this would be a perfect job, getting to talk to people all day and make silly jokes about elephants, crocodiles, tribal people, monkey's...snake's, the list goes on. A GREAT ride for the whole family



9. Mission Space
 

Located in the Future World part of Epcot.  Aside from the fact that this ride almost always makes me want to vomit, it's very cool.  I have tried to get Hardy to ride the not-so-intense version, but he won't.  But, with a ride narrated by Lt. Dan (aka Gary Sinise), what's not to like??  You really are made to feel like an astronaut.


8. Maelstrom
Located in the World Showcase part of Epcot, this ride ALWAYS has one of the longest waits, I guess it's because it's nice and cool inside??  I've always loved these boat kind of rides (you know..like Monster Plantation at Six Flags).  We love Epcot anyway, it's the easiest way to visit other countries without leaving the U.S :)
 



7. Space Mountain


Located in the Tomorrowland area of Magic Kingdom. For the longest time as a child I was either too scared, too short or the ride was closed for maintenance. I never got to ride it until Hardy and I went New Years 2004/2005 and it's a "must-ride" every time we go (if it's open of course). Amazing small speed roller coaster in door's, in space..it's so cool!



6. Expedition Everest


Located in Asia at Animal Kingdom. I won't lie, every time I get in line to ride this coaster, my heart starts pounding out of my chest. It's certainly a thrill ride that will take your breath away!


When we went in 2006 with my mom and younger brother, we spent the $15 on the silly 5x7 photo, it was so goofy we laughed for hours til we cried.
 



5. Kilimanjaro Safari
 

Jambo!!  Located in the Africa section of Animal Kingdom, this is one of the BEST rides I've ever been on.  You'll always see something different/new when you ride this ride as it feature's going through areas with REAL LIFE animals from Africa.  I love seeing the Elephants, Giraffe's and Lion's.  This would be another ride that seems like it would be fun to control, getting to talk to new people, make them laugh (a little) and teach people about animals.


4. Peter Pan's Flight


Located in the Fantasyland area of Magic Kingdom. Peter Pan is a classic Disney movie, one I can watch at any time and I'm sure to crack a smile. Captain Hook, The Lost Boys, Mermaids, Indians, Tinker Bell, yea this is where I got the name for my fur-baby. The ride is so neat as you take flight on a pirate ship through the bedroom of Wendy, John and Michael and then on into Never Neverland!




3. Spaceship Earth
 

Located in the Future World part of Epcot.  This is the AWESOME ride inside the great big Epcot ball.  It's basically the story of civilization and how far we've come with technology and communication.  It's narrated by the acctress Judi Dench (love her voice).  The last few times Hardy and I have been to Disney, we have rode this particular ride back to back 2 or 3 times.  Generally if there isn't a huge wait for the ride, after you've gone through the ride, stay in your seat and ask the attendents if you can ride again, they'll usually let you (a little known secret we discovered). 



2. Pirates of the Caribbean


Located in the Adventureland area of Magic Kingdom. How could I NOT love a boat ride with Pirates? I DO love the movies based off of this ride. No honestly though, more kudos to Disney for their attention to detail even in the area you're waiting to ride their rides in. It sounds weird but I actually love the way these older rides smell...it's like years of work, animatronics, moving water, the smell of faux fire...it's wonderful.

"Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me"



1. The Haunted Mansion


Located in the Liberty Square section of Magic Kingdom. It has and probably will always be my favorite Disney ride. I love EVERY THING about this ride, from the decorations outside while you're waiting in line to how rude the employees are when trying to get you inside the mansion. The cheesy intro in the circular room. When we were there in 2009, I got the soundtrack to the ride...that's how seriously cheesy I am about it.

"...don't forget your death certificate"

1 comment:

  1. am i totally lame that one of my top favs is tiki room???? i LOVE it!!!!!! i miss the original but i'm pumped to take kye there ;)

    ReplyDelete