Jun 6, 2011

Monday's Top 10: Favorite Books

Thought I would bring this back, it has been a few weeks. This one is short and sweet but it doesn't really need any explanation!

My Top 10 Favorite Books

10. Truth or Dare by R.L. Stine


I know this one is kind of childish but I loved reading it when I was in middle school and it can still hold my attention as an adult, guess that doesn't say much, ha ha ha.

9. Escape by Carolyn Jessop


A very intriguing TRUE story about a woman raised in the FLDS and decided as an adult she wants to get out. There is a sequel to this that she wrote after the arrest of Warren Jeffs, but I haven't read it yet.

8. The Long Walk by Richard Bachman (aka Stephen King)


I don't really know how to describe this book, just google it OR read it ;)

7. The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx (bassist of Mötley Crüe)


Another TRUE story, only this time it's about the bass player for Mötley Crüe and his experience with a BAD heroin addiction.

6. Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin


A classic book, written with such suspense it was hard to put down. The movie was a decent adaptation, but as with most "book to film" transitions, the book is always better.

5. The Dirt by Mötley Crüe


An autobiography of the notorious rock group. This was a must-read in Hardy's eyes. If I'm married to one of the biggest Crüe fans ever, I've got to know the history!

4. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer


This is my least favorite book of the series. I love the love story but the book was just very slow (to me), I've tried on a number of occasions to go back and re-read it, but I just can't.

3. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer


This book really got under my skin. I realize it's a fictional story, but I was getting really tired of Bella not being able to make up her mind on who to love. Hello - - Edward!! I did, however, use a line from this book on my wedding program: Page 460 "...I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever".



2. The Twilight Saga: New Moon by Stephenie Meyer


The heartbreak in this book hit home for me, even though I know it's fiction. Bella is so easy to relate too. A lot of people fault Stephenie Meyer for her writing, saying it's juvenile and dull. Also saying Bella is written as such a boring character (because she made her so easy to relate too). I'm just the opposite, I think it's fun and exciting to "pretend" you could be like a character, to be loved so deeply.

1. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer


The last book of the series and my absolute favorite. Every thing I wanted to happen in the first three books seems to play out perfectly (finally). I can pick up this book and read it from front to back and I don't feel the need to re-read the first three to remember where the story is. It's beautifully written.

1 comment:

  1. Hahah... I love how the Twilight series dominates almost half of your list! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete