Jul 11, 2011

Weekend Recap

About a month or so ago, I received an email from The Masquerade (a club in downtown Atlanta) stating I had won 2 tickets to a show...obviously there aren't many bands these days I have an interest in seeing so every time I enter these contests, I choose bands I know Hardy likes.

Hardy, Heath, Chelsea and I all rode together Friday after work to Atlanta to see Children of Bodom. I was pleasantly surprised at how "cool" it was inside the Masquerade as generally there is no air circulating what-so-ever. Of course this only lasted about an hour, until more people started loading into the club. Soon we were all stuffed like sardine's. One thing I've come to realize in my older years is that, I can't stand being smashed into a crowd with people I don't know. I don't like sweating and I don't like feeling other people sweating on or around me. I ESPECIALLY don't like the few people who show up to concerts without having put deodorant on....BLAH!! There's a huge difference of my tolerance for certain things when I was in high school and now.

I bailed before Children of Bodom came on stage and hung out in the back where there was a lot more room to move around and my own air to breathe instead of every one else's carbon dioxide. Shortly after Heath & Chelsea followed and we retreated to the car where there was NICE cool air. We got home about 1am or so.

Saturday we woke up late and while Hardy watched some movies and played video games, I headed to the pool with Michael, Kristin, Hayden, Avery and my younger brother Trevor. We were pretty happy because for about 2hrs we had the entire pool to ourselves....that's amazing on a Saturday (in my opinion). We didn't have to worry about people splashing us (other than ourselves) or kids running around the pool, throwing balls over our heads...etc. I stayed for about 3hrs before finally deciding I needed to

A. Eat
B. Stop pruning.

It was so relaxing though, if it weren't for food and my skin wrinkling, I probably could have stayed in all day long.

Sunday we just chilled out until about 5pm when we headed back to Atlanta, but this time to Aaron's Amphitheater (Lakewood) to see Mötley Crüe & Poison. When I bought our tickets several months ago, I got section 102, row L thinking we would be in the middle of the middle...perfect seats. Well when we showed up, they had apparently taken up rows A - H to make room for the VIP section, so we were 4th row!!! We couldn't believe how close we were to the stage.

(Bret Michaels of Poison)

Mind you we've seen Crüe at least 8 times and have had decent seats or been in general admission each time. In 2009, however, we had VIP tickets, aka standing room only and I almost died. There were WAAAAAYYYY too many people in the small space we had and it made it so hard to enjoy the show, let alone breathe and wiggle your arms. So this year, I made a point to get seats because I like my personal space and well they were a lot cheaper.

(Nikki Sixx of Mötley Crüe)


(Tommy Lee of Mötley Crüe's amazing drum solo a ROLLER COASTER!!)


(Mötley Crüe)


(Tommy Lee of Mötley Crüe)

Other than the year we got to meet Mötley Crüe, this was the 2nd best show that they've put on in my eyes. Their energy was great, the vocals were the best they've ever been and the entire theatrics of the show was amazing. Tommy Lee's drum solo....a ROLLER COASTER!! Whoa, no words can describe it.

1 comment: