Jul 20, 2011

Movie Reviews

We have been watching a TON of movies lately.  Borrowing them from friends or watching them on T.V. so here are a few reviews

Rango
Starring: Johnny Depp, Isla Fisher, Bill Nighy, Abigail Breslin
Adorably cute. I can see where young children might not stay attached to it through it's entirety as some jokes and parts of the plot wouldn't make sense. However, Johnny Depp narrates Rango and that was enough to make me want to see it. All of the character's are so cute! We laughed out loud several times.

Beastly
Starring: Vanessa Hudgens, Neil Patrick Harris
A modern day Beauty & The Beast story. I actually saw previews for this movie several years ago, but for some reason it wasn't released in theater's until 2011. It was sweet. If you're feeling romantic and sappy and just what a short chick flick and don't mind a "teen" love story, it's worth a watch.

Just Go With It
Starring: Adam Sandler, Jennifer Anniston, Brooklyn Decker
Hilariously funny! I've noticed with more recent Adam Sandler films there isn't much cussing, not that I care if there is cussing, but it's nice to watch a movie knowing they were able to keep you entertained WITHOUT compensating with language. Anniston is naturally beautiful and funny, I think she's redeemed herself with this role (as opposed to The Break Up and Bounty Hunter).

Hall Pass
Starring: Owen Wilson, Jason Sedakis, Christina Applegate
I wouldn't BUY the movie, but because it was given to us to borrow, we watched it. It had "some" LOL parts, but was kind of slow and there were several crude jokes that I could have done without. DO NOT WATCH THE UNRATED VERSION unless you don't mind seeing male parts for an extended period of time.

The Dilemma
Starring: Vince Vaughn, Kevin James, Winona Ryder, Jennifer Connelly, Channing Tatum
Super cute even though the movie deals with cheating. I love most anything Vince Vaughn stars in because his improv is hilarious. It was good to see Winona Ryder in a film too, I always liked her before she went cuckoo and stole from that store a few years ago, I think she's a very talented actress.

Black Swan
Starring: Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis
I wanted to see this just to see what all the fuss was about during Oscar season. I can definitely say the movie was DIFFERENT, in my case....not something I would own. I don't even know what category to put it in?!? Drama, Horror, Suspense....just weird weird weird. I was kind of put off by the movie anyway after seeing all those news headlines saying Natalie Portman didn't do all of the dancing in the film and the real dancer wasn't given credit.

Splice
Starring: Sarah Polly, Adrien Brody
An interesting movie about genetic engineers trying to create new hybrid animal by splicing DNA from multiple animals. A big company who is funding their research asks them to try and find a specific protein from these hybrid species so they can further their research for a cure of human diseases. They end up creating something partially human and it is interesting to see how their lives change. I can't really say much without giving away the storyline, but if you like sci-fi...psychological thrillers...this is one for you. It's certainly unlike anything I've ever seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment