Jul 8, 2011

Mourning a friend....

In March 2002 I along with my mother and youngest brother moved to Bloomingdale, GA (about 30mins north of Savannah). I finished the rest of my junior year and my senior year of highschool at South Effingham High School.

I met a lot of really sweet and genuine people there, one of which was Kim Mincey. She always had a smile on her face and was full of life.  She never judged anyone and was always kind.  Even after I moved back toward Atlanta we kept in touch via MySpace and more recently Facebook.


Kim was a loved daughter and sister. She was a wife to William Sehr and a loving mother to their two children Logan & Laney, with another baby on the way.


Today after I got home from work, I did my daily Facebook scan and noticed there were numerous posts on Kim's wall from mutual friends of ours. I was shocked to learn she had passed unexpectedly sometime Thursday evening/Friday morning. Words cannot even explain how I'm feeling right now. While I haven't seen Kim since graduation, I spoke with her often.

My heart hurts for her family. I ask that you please keep the Mincey & Sehr families in your thoughts and prayers over the weeks and months to come as they cope with the loss of such a young soul.

A part of a Sarah McLachlan song kind of sums up how I'm taking the news...

"I’m so tired but I can’t sleep.
Standin’ on the edge of something much too deep.
It’s funny how we feel so much but we cannot say a word.
We are screaming inside, but we can’t be heard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment