Jun 30, 2014

Changes at Walt Disney World

Hardy and I recently read an unofficial blog post about some changes happening to WDW soon.  I'll have to admit, I'm kind of sad for a couple of these changes.  While change can be a good thing (unless referring to the Obama administration), sometimes it's hard to accept.

So word on the street is....



1. They're removing Indiana Jones Stunt Show at Disney's Hollywood Studios (or if you're like us you still refer to it as MGM)  to expand Star Wars.  I understand Star Wars has a larger following than Indiana Jones, but this stunt show is like a staple.  It's a nice spot to rest your feet, sit in the shade and enjoy seeing other vacationers become a part of the movie scenes.  I am interested to see what exactly they plan to do, but will be sad to see this show stop.


2. They're getting rid of The Great Movie Ride to expand even further with Star Wars.  I guess this is all part of their recent acquisition of the rights to the Star Wars franchise.  Don't get me wrong, I like Star Wars too...but this ride is CLASSIC.  Some people complain it's boring and dated.  Are you kidding me?!?  This is like Monster Plantation at Six Flags, you can't get rid of it!!!!  I have fond memories of this ride from every visit.  I especially love when cast members are involved with the rides/attractions (like the Jungle Cruise at Magic Kingdom).  Hardy and I have made it a goal to try and watch every movie they play trailers for while you're in line and throughout the ride.

Need to see:
Footlight Parade
Singin' In The Rain
Tarzan the Ape Man

Have seen:
Mary Poppins
The Public Enemy
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
The Searches
Alien
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Casablanca
Fantasia
The Wizard of Oz


3. They're going to refurbish Soarin' to include other parts of the world, not just the U.S.of A.


4. They're going to close Maelstrom in Norway (Epcot) and will "possibly" be remodeling it to a Frozen themed ride.  This is one of Hardy's favorite attractions.  We always ride it (or at least he does) whenever we visit Epcot.  I like it, I just hate the wait, normally without a Fastpass it takes about 45min or more.  I guess I shouldn't complain since the line is inside, but whatev.  Hardy would be sad to see this go, even IF the ride remains and it becomes Frozen themed, he's sad to see this go.

No comments:

Post a Comment