Oct 19, 2012

Who Am I?

Cannot believe that today our sweet little girl is 1 month old already...1 MONTH?!? Seriously?

Eating: 3.5-4oz per feed

Sleeping: 2.5-4hrs...obviously at night if we can get a 3 or 4 hour stretch its amazing.

Skills: I don't know what a 1 month old should or shouldn't do, but she's very alert and attentive. She follows voices and objects really well. I also call her a little turtle when we do tummy time or if you are holding her propped on your shoulder because she really gets going when she lifts her head and turns it from side to side.

This milestone is bittersweet. It makes me sad, because I do miss having her all to myself in my belly; but also happy because its so neat to see her grow and develop. It's amazing what the body can do. Looking back its hard to believe I went through an actual labor and delivery.

Things have been going well, I get a lot of compliments and comments on how content of a baby she is. Of course, I'm still learning things about her and her signals, my mom hit the nail on the head when she said I'm intimidated by her. WE are no longer in charge, little miss priss is. I'm still a little nervous when she cries and I don't figure out why fast enough. My brain sometimes can't comprehend why she doesn't "know" these things. Aren't they programmed to know basic functions and communication skills prior to birth? LoL

Tuesday was a rough day for me, she slept fine the night before but at one point in the day she woke up and stayed awake for nearly 4hrs fighting sleep and fussing every now and again. I felt like a failure when I couldn't get her calm. She finally calmed down enough and dosed off to sleep and we had a better night.

My mom could hear the stress in my voice that day when we spoke and was sweet enough to come out here on Wednesday, but she'll be leaving tomorrow :( waaaahh! I love having her help/guidance and company.

Speaking of company, I get a lot of people saying "I bet you're glad you didn't have any visitors today." , but truthfully...visitors are what help keep me semi-sane on a monotonous day. Granted I don't really favor unannounced visitors because I might be pulling a "pajama day"...BUT you don't realize how important adult interaction is until you don't have it.

She's a sweetie pie and adorable, but of course I am biased. Even though I still find myself struggling with certain things I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment