Oct 30, 2012

Things I've Learned Part II

It's been a few weeks since my original post Things I've Learned so I thought I would make some additions to my experience with motherhood.


- Sometimes your Mom knows best.

- Baths are interesting.  I'm still giving them in the kitchen, on the table, in the tub they gave us from the hospital.  For me it's easiest. 

- It's ok to want to punch your husband in the head for not getting up quick enough when you ask him for help.

- Time away is ok.

- Opinions are like assholes, every body has one and some are just plain shitty.  Do what you feel is best for your family.

- If you thought you slept light before having a baby, you got another thing coming.  I swear I can hear Persephone pee in her diaper...ok that's an exaggeration, but still.

- Baby eats first, no exceptions.

- No matter how well you know someone, you'll still be nervous about leaving your baby with them.

- I don't like it when people wearing perfume/cologne hold my baby because I'm stuck smelling them the rest of the day instead of that sweet baby smell.

- DO NOT let someone discourage you or guilt you into doing something you don't feel comfortable doing with your baby.

- Put your foot down when it comes to the way you expect and want things done for your baby.

- It's ok to stare at baby, soak it up because they change day by day.

- I still find it mind boggling that I gave birth to a baby.

- Babies really do fart as loud as adults, so you could easily blame one on them (but I haven't yet).

2 comments:

  1. I like all of these. :) Don't be scared to put your foot down and be FIRM about it, like you said, she is YOUR baby. I am sure you probably have about a dozen people giving you a zillion comments/tips - don't let them push you into their way.

    ReplyDelete