Sep 19, 2014

To sell or not to sell?


This year there have been several homes in our subdivision that have gone on the market and sold pretty quickly.  Currently there are 4 houses we pass each day that are for sale and it's grabbed our attention. 

We live in a town home community and it's been a great starter home, but I'm ready to move on.  I want to be detached, I want to have our own space.  I don't want to worry about if my TV is too loud or whether or not we can hear someone else slamming their kitchen cabinets (or kids running like elephants).  I know I want at least 2 bedrooms on main, 2 car garage, 2 bathrooms and a yard of some sort.  I'm tired of the stairs and it's not because I'm fat and lazy, they are truly inconvenient.  Right now all three of us spend the bulk of our time in the living room and the junk that exists upstairs ends up as an "out of side, out of mind" mess.  Persephone hasn't perfected going up/down the stairs on her own just yet either.  I would love for her to play in her room while we cook dinner or do laundry without worrying about her falling down 17 stairs.

We had a friend, Mary Ferguson come over last Friday to discuss our selling options.  If we are to list our house it would hopefully be snatched up pretty quickly since the neighborhood has been a hot commodity.  I will admit Hardy and I are super nervous.  We want to move on to bigger and better things, but it's all so overwhelming.  The house is in need of a serious cleaning and de-cluttering.  However, this is good motivation to get the house in tip top shape. 

 

You may have also noticed the Disney counter is no longer on the left side of the blog.  I pulled up my VERY uncomfortable big girl pants and cancelled our trip.  With the possibility of moving we need the money for more important things (who am I kidding - DISNEY is important.) 

I did all but cry when I made the cancellation request...the CSR even said "I'd be happy to help, but I'm actually sad to cancel this reservation for you."

So cross your fingers/toes or whatever you feel like crossing and keep us in your thoughts as we start this nerve racking journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment