Sep 21, 2014

Persephone is TWO!



Dear Persephone,

Today at 3:52am, you turned 2 years old!  You have changed our lives for the better a thousand times over.  I never thought I could love someone as much (if not more) than your Daddy, but I do!  You are such a silly little girl.  You make us laugh constantly and are so so bright.  It’s amazing hearing you say new words or do new things each and every day.  Watching you grow is something I’ll never get over.

The day you were born was sort of a blur.  I can remember being at work and going to the doctor, but once I made it to the hospital everything got jumbled together.  We had so many visitors, I can’t remember much.  Even now looking at pictures of your first few days, weeks home it’s so hard to remember you so small.  I was so intimidated by the little 7lbs of baby that you once were.  I didn’t know what you wanted when you cried.  I didn’t know if you were eating enough.  No one could have prepared me for the emotional changes that came with being a mom.  Looking back I realize how silly I was to be so afraid of you.  Daddy was calmer then, but now the tables have turned.  I’m more relaxed when you fall or get a boo boo and Daddy flips out.  It’s funny how things have changed.

I love you more and more every day.  I’m so happy you’re our daughter and you’ve made us better people because of it.  I can’t wait to continue to see you grow, play and learn in the years to come.  You are a true joy.  Words could never truly express the happiness you give us.

At 2yrs old you’re now 30lbs and approx 32” tall.  You can say a ton of words (so many that making a list is pointless.)  You love to play, love to dance and sing.  Your new favorite toys are trains and cars.

Lets take a sappy...teary eyed trip down memory lane - shall we?


Fresh out of the womb!!
7lbs 3oz
20" long

What a proud Daddy


Our first "family photo" cats and all hahaha





Baby's First Christmas

This will ALWAYS be one of my favorite photos of you

With all of your friends

Your FIRST birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment