May 2, 2011

Monday's Top 10 : Games

10. Bullsh*t


This is one of my three favorite card games.  It's so easy and lots of fun.  You realize who has a good "pokerface" and who doesn't.  If you've never played it - you're missing out.  If you don't really like the word Bullsh*t you can always use something else, however, the game seems slightly funnier using this word.

9. Twister


I actually haven’t played this in a long time, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like it. I’m horribly UN-flexible so I usually end up falling or shaking because I can’t hold a position for a long time – yep I know, I’m out of shape. I own it, but I can never get anyone to play it with me::sad face::

8. Trivia


I know this isn’t a board/video game, but ever since we’ve been going – I’m hooked. I learn something new every week, what’s not to love about that? I feel like my brain becomes more active when I have to really think about something outside of my normal every day bubble. I think I’m becoming more intelligent by participating, it all depends on what you consider intelligent though, I may just be full of useless knowledge.

7. Hide & Seek


Obviously I’m too old to play this game now, especially since I’m a grown up and I wouldn’t have the best hiding spots. I loved playing it.  I used to get scared hiding in the dark because I thought I would never be found as well as getting scared when I was found. I know silly concept…it’s obvious I enjoy getting scared?!?

6. Solitare


The good ole' fashion play by yourself card game.  You can play it with an actual deck of cards or on the computer/smart phone.  Solitare never fails to entertain...well that is unless I lose.  It's a good game to unwind from your day.

5. Words With Friends


This game was recently (as in Easter Sunday) recommended by a friend of mine, Chelsea and I am officially addicted. I would like to apologize for those friends I currently play with, I do not generally play while I’m at work since it uses my data plan, I like to wait when I’m at home or any other place where I can connect with free WiFi. Normally I don’t like to play games on my phone because it uses up the battery, but I can’t refuse exercising my brain…can I? If any of you have it and play - - look me up, my user name is ALJ1985.

4. Super Mario Bros series


I love the original Mario, Super Mario. I never beat the game personally on my own, I know that sounds awful, I’m sure it’s really simple compared to the video games around now, but I just never figured it out. I especially loved the game with Yoshi, he was so cute for a little cartoon.

3. Donkey Kong Country series


I used to play the first two in this series this with a neighbor when I lived in Lawrenceville. I LOVED it, it was so cheesy but it was easy to play and I DID beat this video game, multiple times. In the later editions there was even a girl (Dixie) player. It’s always nice when you can play a game and you aren’t automatically a male.

2. Rummy


My great-grandmother, Ba taught me how to play this game. In fact, for as long as I can remember, she would teach any one how to play. I love the game, it can go on for hours and hours and it never gets old (to me). I’m no pro, but I still enjoy it. She passed away in 2000 and we actually put a brand new pack of Bicycle playing cards in the casket with her. I’m sure she’s shuffling the deck right now getting ready to play with her daughter (my grandmother), Betty.


1. Scene It?
Any addition of this game is good with me…I may not be good at them all but I darn well try. I will, however, brag that I am great with the Movie versions J. A few weeks ago when I was cleaning out our hall closet, I discovered we own several different versions (Movies, Movies 2nd Edition, Twilight, Music, Pirate’s of the Caribbean and Disney)

No comments:

Post a Comment