May 16, 2011

Monday's Top 10: Most Memorable Moments with Hardy

Since we’ve been together 11yrs and we just celebrated our 1yr-wedding anniversary, I thought it would be appropriate to do a countdown on events with Hardy.
 
 
10. East Hall High School Jr Prom.  May 14, 2000.  Only a few weeks after we met, Hardy asked me to go to Jr. Prom with him.  Of course I said yes, I had never been to a dance before and since I was just a measly freshman in high school it would be a few years before I attended one of my own.  I remember my mom and I dress hunting until we found the perfect one.  I remember we ate dinner at Red Lobster, (this was during my “I don’t like seafood” phase) so I ordered a chicken caesar salad.  I felt like Cinderella…it was absolutely perfect, of course Hardy was handsome too!
 
9. Papa Roach concert, April 2001.  It was a normal day, went to school, came home, laid on the couch for my afternoon nap then my mom calls and tells me I need to get ready because we we’re going somewhere when she gets home.  I changed shirts, brushed my hair and tried to freshen up.  A few seconds later the doorbell rings, I peak out the garage door to see if there’s a car in the driveway and I see one but I didn’t recognize what KIND of car it was.  I go open the door and WHAM, Hardy walks in and hugs me and says “Surprise!”  I was floored, I didn’t know what to do/think, I was in shock.  He said he’d come to take me to the Papa Roach concert at The Tabernacle.  I still couldn’t believe it even on the drive to Atlanta.  The concert was of course great but the surprise was even better.
 
8. Myrtle Beach.  This used to be our destination of choice for a few years.  It wasn’t that far away and the hotels were always reasonable.  I will have to critique the beach though, the sand seems so junked up with broken shells, rock…etc.  Every time we stayed in Myrtle Beach we would visit Boardwalk at the Beach at least once or twice.  Going to Ripley’s Aquarium, Margaritaville and walking in and out of all the little shops.  I certainly like the beach as long as I can stay cool - - I HATE TO SWEAT!
 
7. Mötley Crüe concert, February 22, 2005.  (I blogged about this a few weeks ago.)  We got to meet the band and take a photo/get their autograph.  It was definitely a moment I will never forget.  Seeing Hardy’s reaction to meeting his favorite band was priceless, hell I was nervous just because I was meeting people I had seen on TV before.  It’s a strange feeling…meeting someone famous, lol.
 
6. The wedding, May 8, 2010.  From the moment I saw Hardy, I knew we would be together forever (even if he didn’t know it yet).  I don’t know how/why I felt that but I did.  Still the actual wedding was hard to believe, I thought I was dreaming the entire day.  It’s hard after being with someone for 10yrs then you finally tie the knot.  My family did an amazing job decorating the pavilion and getting all of the food together, I couldn’t have asked for anything better.  The weather was perfect too.  I can’t even remember saying our vows but I fell in love with him all over again, it was all I could do not to cry. 
 
5. The proposal, December 25, 2009.  This was our first Christmas in our house so I wanted us to start a tradition of exchanging gifts from one another at home on Christmas morning.  We had each opened all of our wrapped gifts and then Hardy told me I had something in my stocking.  I walk over to the mantel and put my hand in and pull out a ring box.  I opened it and there sat his grandmother’s engagement ring.  I didn’t quite know what to think at first, I was still pretty groggy but then he spoke…”I know this isn’t the ring you wanted but it’s all I could do at this time”.  I put it on my finger (I know that was his job but you have to understand Hardy is a shy guy when it comes to certain things).  Then he said “Well?” and I hugged him and said “Yes, of course!”
 
4. Methods of Mayhem concert, March 31, 2000.  This was the concert we met at.  I went to The Masquerade with Dannielle Mclane, Ashley Davis and Matt Rampey.  Other than knowing who Tommy Lee was, I had no idea who Methods of Mayhem was…apparently I was out of the loop with “hot songs” at the time.  I remember us seeing Hardy and some friends’ walk passed us to get in line and we giggled at how “cute” they were.  We immediately ran to get in line behind them.  It wasn’t until we got inside that we actually spoke, I couldn’t believe myself.  I was not one to speak to “boys”…especially not one I thought was hot.  I somehow had the guts to talk to him and our love blossomed from there!
 
3. Purchasing our first house, July 24, 2009.  We had been living in an apartment for 2yrs when we began a serious house hunt.  We eventually found the neighborhood we currently live in by driving up and down Atlanta Hwy, they had new construction and would be selling quickly.  We went in and spoke with the realtor on site and got the ball rolling.  After putting a sales agreement on the property, we picked out our floor plan, carpets, hardwoods and cabinets as well as which unit we wanted.  We were able to see the progress of the building of our home from start to finish, which was very neat.  On the day of closing, we were both so nervous, but I have no idea why.  I am so proud of our house and what we have, I wouldn’t change the struggles for anything.
 
2. Disney World, December 30, 2004 – January 2, 2005.  This was our first trip to Disney World as a couple.  It was jam packed because of the holiday but it was still great to be there.  New Years Eve (day) we made a point to be at Magic Kingdom.  Even though they do fireworks every night at every park (aside from Animal Kingdom) we wanted to be at the castle for New Years.  They passed out plastic hats and horn blowers to every one around 7pm so unfortunately we had to put up with hearing those things go off LOOOONG before midnight ever came. 
 
1. Swimming with Sea Lions, May 12, 2010.  On our honeymoon we went on a 4 night Royal Caribbean cruise to Nassau and Coco Cay Bahamas on the Monarch of the Seas.  We opted for the Sea Lion Experience excursion and it was a GREAT decision.  Once we were docked at Nassau, we took a tender boat over to Blue Lagoon and got suited up to get in the water with the Sea Lion’s.  They are amazing, amazing animals.  Unbeknownst to some, they ARE NOT related to Seal’ as Sea Lion’s have ears and can understand verbal commands, plus they don’t have fur all over and they can walk/waddle.  We got several photos with them, fed them, and touched them.  It was incredible.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea (I may have to copy it :) ) It is so neat to hear about the stuff y'all did pretty much as kids. I love how we both have been with our husbands since we were so young. I think when you are together from such a young age you have a really special bond that no one else gets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Liz, I like the count down of the two of you AND being with your husbands during high school gives you a different kind of relationship. We've all gone through so much extra learning (and bad fashion days) that it gives you a different perspective on love :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys :) I can't wait to see you give it a go!

    ReplyDelete