Jul 15, 2010

Music

Thinking back over time to ALL the music I've listened to over the years and I'm reminded of certain bands/cd's that really grabbed me at certain times in life. There are two very influential bands I remember in particular. When I was going into 7th grade I fell in love with Hanson, I can't say I'm a huge fan of their music now even though it hasn't really strayed from how they've always sounded but I guess I grew up and away from that sound. I thank Hanson though because it introduced me to some of my best friends. In 1999 I started listening to KoRn and really felt connected to their music emotionally, even though I had nothing REALLY to be angry about during that time, I was angry and the music was a release for me. It even inspired me to take electric guitar lessons back when MARS music was around, I did for about 3mos then my teacher moved to CA and I gave up - dumb idea....I could prbably be a rock star right now YEA RIGHT!! To this day I still listen to KoRn on occasion and am brought back to my teenage angst days when life seemed so horrible but now noticing life was so much EASIER then.


I think it's amazing how connected one can be with music. I think I've had a tendency to be very supportive (obsessive) of certain bands that I come to like. Of course my walls were ALWAYS plastered with Hanson through middle school but as I started high school and transferred into heavier music those posters were replaced with the faces of KoRn, CREED, Staind, Orgy...etc. A few years back I fell in love with 30 Seconds to Mars and when I finally got to see them in concert I found myself teary eyed!?!? I felt like an idiot in the crowd but felt so happy to be there seeing a band I was connected to. At this point in time I would say my favorite band is Within Temptation (a symphonic metal band from Netherlands). The vocal ability of Sharon den Adel is so peaceful and beautiful I haven't found a song yet that I didn't like. It has a taste of darkness but when mixed with her vocals + strings and synthesizers it takes their music to an entirely new level. I hope one day I will get to see them perform live, I feel like seeing a band in concert sort of completes every thing (for me).



So I just want to say THANK YOU to music..in general.

1 comment:

  1. i totally straight up bawled the first time I saw blink 182 so I get it ;)

    ReplyDelete