Jun 3, 2010

We're finally married!!!


Yay Yay Yay



May 8, 2010 I was blessed to finally marry my first and only love Hardy :)   I haven't really been able to stop smiling since then.  Even though we've been together 10yrs, knowing we're "official" kind of takes our relationship to an entirely different level.  More than having my new last name or even rings on MY finger, I'm most pleased seeing a ring on his finger.  Sounds kind of silly but since he's never been one to really wear jewelry, it's a new thing all around.

Thursday May 7, my mom, stepdad and younger brother came in to town to start prepping the food and decorations.  Friday we did nothing but wash vegetables, slice fruit, make dips..etc.  Our wedding day couldn't have been more perfect. 

I went to get my hair done at 10am with my dear friend Tabitha...wasn't sure what to expect but Carol (@ Salon 4514 in Gainesville) did an amazing job.



I didn't even know my hair could curl like this



I got to the Marina at about 12:15 or so, went straight to doing make-up with my bestie from South Effingham, Stacy (thanks girl, you made me look beautiful!)






When I finally realized what time it was, every thing began to rush.  Getting my dress on, garter on, necklace and earrings on...all of that seemed to fly by.  15 minutes until the ceremony I just knew I was going to be sick.  More than anything I was nervous about standing in front of all these people, even though they were friends and family somehow I was getting embarassed about it all.  I felt like I was in 5th grade getting ready to present a project or something. 

I walked down the isle to Bella's Lullaby by Carter Burwell from the Twilight soundtrack, such a beautiful song and of course...related to the most romantic book/movie series (in my opinion).  When my Dad and I started to walk down the isle I had to keep my head straight because when I tried to look at people I felt tears coming on.



We did a sand ceremony instead of a unity candle.  Because we would be outside I didn't want to worry with a flame blowing out and I really liked the meaning of the sand ceremony.  During this ceremony we had The Meadow by Alexandre Desplat from the New Moon soundtrack playing.





When we were FINALLY presented as Mr. & Mrs. Hardy Jones I was so relieved!!  We walked back to Top of The World by Van Halen (you can't have a wedding with Hardy and not expect some rock song to play).

Some people probably got aggravated at how many photo's we were taking but I cannot thank our photographer Tracie Manders enough for her time/dedication to our wedding.  Her rates are extremely affordable and she's so thorough.  Here are just a few that she's edited:


















There were SOME stressful situations but overall it was wonderful.  The food was great, the weather was perfect and I enjoyed seeing some old friends and family that I haven't seen in quite some time.  The day almost seems like a blur now, the ceremony happened so fast and we took so many photo's I can barely remember anything. 


I LOVE being married ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment