Jun 11, 2010

I can remember..

Last night out of nowhere I started thinking back a looooooooooong time ago to when Hardy and I first met.  It was Friday March 31, 2000 - - I was at the Masquerade with some friends to see Tommy Lee's band Methods of Mayhem.  While we were outside waiting for the doors to open I saw this guy walk by with some friends...I'll tell ya, I had my eye on him constantly from that first time I saw him.

So the doors open - - the crowd all rushes up the stairs and gathers around the stage, we stand there through some opening bands and finally before Methods of Mayhem comes on I grow the courage to turn around and ask him what his name is...where he's from...etc.  Thank goodness the house lights were down because I knew my cheeks were on fire.  After only 10mins of 'knowing' one another he was holding my hand - - isn't it weird how people act?!?  I mean I don't know it just seems so cheesy sometimes but I went along with it.  As Methods of Mayhem started to play I realized the crowd was getting TOO crazy for comfort, so my friends and I went to stand at the back and waited for the show to be over.  Before walking out of the crowd Hardy said he'd meet me at the stairs when it was over - of course I didn't really believe him...he was a stranger, I had never had a boyfriend before and NO GUYS showed any interest in liking me in the first place.

Well sure enough...when it was over we found each other on the stairs and walked out to the parking lot together.  His Dad (who's now my father-in-law) had driven Hardy and his friends to the concert was waiting in the car - - we exchanged numbers and then he KISSED ME!!  He kissed me right there in front of my friends and his friends....uhhh and his Dad. I wasn't sure what had just happened (it was my first kiss).  The next day I told my mom all about this cute guy I'd met at the concert and how I hoped he would call , bla bla bla.  I was spending the day with my friend and had plans to spend the night with her but my mom called me around 9pm and said the boy I met had called me.  AHHHHH I ran home and called him back immediately.  I don't exactly know what we talked about but somehow managed to stay on the phone until 2am.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo 10yrs later...here we are MARRIED and happier than ever.  I of course always knew it was love at first sight.  Even though I'd never had a boyfriend or been in love with anyone (ok ok other than Taylor Hanson) I just knew.  I'm glad my loyalty paid off.  Throughout the first couple of years my family would always say I needed to play the field and date other people that you never stay with your 'first' anyway.  I'm glad I never listened to them.  We've had plenty of ups and downs (lots of downs, lol) but it's been a learning process.  I love Hardy with all my heart and soul and would never change a thing.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet story! I love that yall have been together so long. Michael and I have also been together 10 years and I think it is so cool to be with someone from since a young age. There is a lot to be said for growing up together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think it allows you both to grow and learn from one another plus growing up together you kind of find out whether or not you're meant to be. As I said, we had ups and downs but it was all worth it in the end because God had us together for a purpose.

    ReplyDelete