Jun 4, 2010

Shame on you Kristen Stewart...but thank you for apologizing

In a recent interview with Elle magazine Kristen described paparrazi pictures of herself to those of a woman being raped.  Apparently she's gotten enough smack about it though because now she's apologized to PEOPLE magazine.



"I really made an enormous mistake – clearly and obviously," Stewart, tells PEOPLE exclusively. "And I'm really sorry about my choice of words."  "'Violated' definitely would have been a better way of expressing the thought," she notes.


In fact, the issue of violence against women is one that has been close to Stewart since playing a victim of rape in the 2004 Lifetime film Speak. She has done public service announcements for the advocacy group RAINN and SOC.

The irony of the situation in which Stewart now finds herself is not lost on the actress. "People thinking that I'm insensitive about this subject rips my guts out. I made a big mistake."

No comments:

Post a Comment