Aug 20, 2014

The Final Tour



Saturday August 16, 2014 we saw Mötley Crüe for the very last time in Atlanta.  The show was held at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Alpharetta.  This was our first time to the venue and we were impressed.  It's cleaner and much more convenient than Lakewood. The venue itself doesn't hold as many people, but it makes for a more intimate setting.  We were in row V from the stage, so still pretty close. As soon as we entered the gates though, we noticed Tommy's famous drum solo surprise wasn't suspended from the ceiling - this meant we would miss it.  Since this is their last hoo-rah he made his solo extra special, but some venues (obviously ours) aren't able to support it.
  
I was super DUPER excited to see Alice Cooper for the first time.  He was above and beyond my expectations.  Alice Cooper being one of the biggest influences in the Crüe's career was fitting to open the show and put them to rest.  Their slogan for this tour has appropriately been "All bad things must come to an end."





Alice Cooper was awesome.  To be 66yrs old, the man still has it and certainly knows how to put on a good show! 




He played all of the songs I longed to hear live (of course he played more than this)

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Poison
Feed My Frankenstein
I'm Eighteen
Billion Dollar Babies
Welcome to my Nightmare
School's Out

Mötley played a similar set to what we've heard in the past.  They played some of their hits while throwing in a couple of oldies and covers. 

Saints of Los Angeles
Wild Side
Primal Scream
Same Ol' Situation
Looks That Kill
On With the Show
Too Fast for Love
Smokin' in the Boys Room
Without You
Motherf***er of the Year
Anarchy in the U.K.
Dr. Feelgood
Shout at the Devil
Don't Go Away Mad
Mick Mars - solo
Live Wire
Too Young to Fall in Love
Girls, Girls, Girls
Kickstart My Heart
Home Sweet Home


We were disappointed with the venue not allowing Tommy a solo, but were overall very pleased with their set.  Nikki Sixx took a moment to explain the history of the band, how they met, how they began and basically what led them to this point.




 It was a touching moment.  I was worried Hardy would be emotional, but he held it together from what I could tell.






They ended the show with Home Sweet Home in the very middle of the venue - certainly a great send off song.



I was pissed at myself, the venue had previously sent out an email saying "no cameras" and I called the info line and it repeated "no cameras".  We get in line to enter the gate and all of the event staff are saying "no camera's bigger than this" - the size of a cell phone.  I totes could have brought either of my cameras to capture this important event, but I DIDN'T.  I feel like all of my photos/videos are WAY below average because I had to use my iPhone insert: #firstworldproblems


Goodbye Mötley Crüe - I am forever in your debt.  If it weren't for you, Hardy and I would have never met.

No comments:

Post a Comment