Apr 21, 2014

April, eggs and sunshine

Sunday April 13th we headed to Hardy's parents church for lunch and an egg hunt.  We tried to attend the actual service, but Persephone almost ALWAYS goes down for a nap around 10am and we felt it would be cruel to wake her up.  She did wake up in just enough time for us to make lunch and the egg hunt.

I was feeling nostalgic and decided to put her in one of my many dresses from my childhood.  This particular dress I wore in a few pageants as a babe.  
This is me in the dress 


It fit her like a glove.  
I wish she would let me put bows in her hair, but it's hit or miss most of the time.

The luncheon was to honor our nephew who just returned from South Korea with his wife and son.  They're headed to Washington (state) at the end of this month.  After the yummy lunch a ton of eggs were scattered for the youth to find.  Persephone really could care less about looking for them.  When she did pick one up she would yell "ball" and proceed to throw them.








She also has a bad habit of holding chocolates in her hand until they melt.  They passed out some big bubble sticks to all the kids though and she loved that.

Aside from not having white shoes (ok Mom...I get it) isn't she just ADORABLE?!?!


I just LOVE the look on her face in this one.
No one showed her to hold her skirt..haha

Right across the street from his parents church, well actually in two different directions there are farms.  At the picture right above you can see tall grass and a pretty red barn.  I decided to take Persephone over there for an impromptu photo shoot.





They would have turned out better without a lollypop, but you do what you have to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment