Mar 9, 2011

Wordy Wednesday

- - My mom and Step dad have rented a cabin for Memorial Day weekend at Dismals Canyon in Alabama.  It's a national natural landmark in Franklin County Alabama that consists of a sandstone gorge, six natural bridges (whatever that means) and two waterfalls.  It's also home to these insects called dismalites that emit a bright blue light to attract food and mates,  you can see the glowing insects at night along the canyon wall.  I am looking forward to it, any time away is a fun time but especially when you visit something naturally pretty.
 
- - Hardy and I are still trying to figure out a way to go Disney World this year.  Since 2005 we've only missed going once (2007)...I know some of you have never been before but trust me, if you love having fun - - DISNEY is the place to let your inner child go free.  They have a lot of great deals going on right now....FREE DINING PLAN, KIDS STAY & PLAY FREE...etc.  It's just a matter of picking the deal we want  (obviously the one with kids we can't use) and then selecting the time to go.  I have never done the dining plan, but I hear it's totally worth it and maybe we'll give it a try this year.
 
***Speaking of Disney, I've decided I want to be cremated, then I want my ashes spread inside The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean rides.  Both are dark, one is dusty by default and the other is a boat on water - how hard could it be?  Now that's assuming Disney will still be open when I die (hopefully a long time from now).  Is that a silly request?  
 
- - I upgraded my phone last month, I broke down and joined AT&T and got the iPhone 3GS for $49.99.  So far I have no complaints, I am used to it's functions because I played with Hardy's iTouch all the time.  So far, I haven't had any interruptions in service, no dropped calls.  I know everyone has their opinions about each and every carrier but so far, this has been perfect for me - although they are a little more expensive when you start adding the data, messaging and all onto your plan.  In May when Hardy's T-Mobile contract ends, we will get on a family plan, we have some church friends (Jason and Lisa) who gave him an iPhone 3G so we won't have to pay for another phone (yay).
 
- - Trivia Thursday's.  Lisa & Jason also introduced us to trivia.  We have been going every Thursday night to Rick Tanner's in Buford (at Hamilton Mill / Atlanta Hwy).  They have trivia at 7:30, it's FREE to play and the top three teams win credits toward food.  We haven't won yet but it's still fun to play.  ***If any of you ever want to come out, please do!! If Buford is too far, you can check out www.teamtrivia.com and find a location closer to you!! I would like to add, however, that Rick Tanner's has some awesome chicken tenders ;)
 
- - Last week work sent a beautiful green plant arrangement to the funeral home.  I grabbed it and brought it home, then Sunday Hardy helped me re-pot them all.  I ended up with 4 new plants at home...of which all are poisonous to cats (go figure) but I have them all sitting on furniture off the floor so hopefully they won't eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment