Mar 16, 2011

Show Us Your Life: Family

My name is Amanda Layne. 


I am an only girl, middle child, born a Lockaby. 
I have two brother's, Michael & Trevor.
Although we each have a different father, I have never considered us half siblings at any time in my life.
(We all lived with my mom full-time, that might be why).

Dad, Mom and I
2010



My Mom and I
May 2010


Darla, 4th born to a family of six.  Grew up in Douglas County, GA.  In 1980 she married Mike (My oldest brother's father) until he passed away.  In 1984 she married my father, Jimmy and they divorced in 1989.  In 1993 she married Derek (My younger brother's father) and they divorced in 1999.  In 2009 she married Phillip (whom I believe to be her soul mate).  Today she resides in Birmingham, AL with her husband Phillip and my younger brother Trevor.  To me, my mom is an honorable woman, independent, kind, loving, funny, witty, sarcastic and sometimes mean as a rattlesnake but still my hero.


My Dad and I
2010



Jimmy, 2nd born to a family of three.  Grew up in Maulden, SC.  He married my mother in 1984, adopted my older brother Michael and then I came along in April 1985.  He worked for Atlanta Journal Constitution for 20yrs until he was let-go due to developing spasmodic torticollis (cervical dystonia).  This causes his neck to involuntarily turn to the left.  The only known treatment for this is botox injections every 12-14 weeks.  To me, my dad is a loving, funny ole' guy...I gladly attribute most of my goofiness from him :)

Trevor, Michael and I
2006




Michael, 1st born of us.  Grew up in Lawrenceville, GA.  When he was only 8.5mos old, his biological father took his own life.  Michael was later adopted by my father, Jimmy in 1984 when he married our mother.  We fought like cats and dogs when we were younger...always tattling on each other.  He would burn holes in my blankey and I would throw the TV remote at him....oh sibling rivalry :)    He has an adorable 5yr old little girl Avery from a previous relationship (I love my niece).  Currently he lives in Buford with his wife Kristin and their 5 kitteh's - Wicket, Gambit, Boo, Denny and Mary.  To me, my brother is a smart, genuine guy.  I am so glad even though we went round and round as kids, we are close now and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Trevor, Michael and I
May 2010



Trevor, Third born of us.  Grew up in Lawrenceville, GA - Bloomingdale, GA - Mt. Pleasant, SC - Columbia, SC - Birmingham, AL.  Is in 9th grade at the Jefferson County International Baccalaureate School (that's a school for really smart people).  He is extremely SMART although I debate how much common sense he has (hehehe).  Trevor was my little buddy when he was born, in fact...I even used his hospital photo as my "prop" for our photo's in 5th grade.  I loved playing with him and helping my mom anytime she needed it...she likes to blame his adolescent attitude on my graduating high school and leaving the nest - - ha ha ha.  To me, my brother is almost a genius, sweet, goofy and loving.



Tinker Bell.  She is a beautiful Calico (aren't moms allowed to brag about their own??) almost 7yrs old and a nice petite 18lbs.  She has personality, attitude and flare.  She makes me laugh, sometimes makes me mad (when she doesn't listen)...but I guess that's expected from a kid.  She is the QUEEN of our house even though Hardy and I both clearly wear pants and she doesn't.  She usually is the first to greet people when they come in the door, but don't pet her for too long because she does BITE! (then she'll turn around and lick you)



Flower.  He is a handsome Tuxedo black/white almost 6yrs old.  He has the sweetest meow (some might say it's feminine) and even though I hate to say it - Daddy's Boy.  I try to get him to love me as much as he loves his Daddy but it just doesn't happen.  He is the first in our faces in the morning when it's time to eat, and he'll gladly let us know if it's past our bedtime.  He is very loving, sweet and playful.  Generally he's the last to greet people, he's skittish at first meetings but eventually warms up and will at least sit in the same room with strangers.



Hardy is 28yrs old.  And he is my everything (first kiss, boyfriend, relationship, husband..ha and hopefully my ONLY).  We met at a concert in 2000 and have been together ever since - - who says fairytale's don't come true??  Although we've had our share of UPS and downs we have stuck through it all.  FINALLY on May 8, 2010 we were married, I guess it was only appropriate after a DECADE of being together that we would get married....I'm hoping this isn't a pattern for our future though.  He is a hard-working man that delivers boxes/files/documents/x-rays..etc to and from business throughout North Georgia.


ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

Hardy's Junior Prom May 2000


Well I'm pretty sure I've spilled whatever FAQ's there are to know about me, after all...this is MY blog.  But, I am almost 26, married and a happy mom to two cats.  I live in Flowery Branch, GA.  I have been working at a local lawn care company in Gainesville for 7yrs (this Friday is my anniversary).  I make collection calls, answer accounting questions and help with customer service.


So that's my family....and here are some pictures

Michael and I - - wasn't I a cute baby?! Gotta love that olive skin!
1987

My Mom, Dad, Michael and I
1985



1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are sooooooo cute! I love hearing your "life story." The picture of Hardy's prom in too cute. Yall look like babies! :) One day your kids ar going to get a kick out of it. Damian loves to look at pictures of us when we look really young. Only a few of us are lucky enough to have pictures like that!

    ReplyDelete