Mar 24, 2011

Tic Toc...Tic Toc

That's the sound of my clock ticking.  What clock you ask?  The biological one.  For the longest time I never understood what people mean't when they said their clock was ticking, but now I do.  I'm about to be 26 and my alarm is going off.  Is this something we're naturally given?  I feel like my loins are actually speaking to me, it's so strange.  No I don't have butterflies in my stomach, I have them in my ovaries and uterus.  At first I just thought I was "in the mood" but this is different....it's not passing.  I went to bed feeling like this and I woke up feeling like this....I'm at work, feeling like this.
 
Sure, I've had baby fever a few times but it was only when I was near new babies.  However, it quickly passed as soon as I was no longer in the presence of the baby.  Now..out of nowhere, in the middle of the day - BLAM.  It's like I'm overwhelmed with a feeling of wanting to conceive.  I don't know what to think of it, of course I want a baby, not necessarily right this second but do you ever really know? 
 
Although, I have only been married (almost) 1 year, Hardy and I have been together for 11yrs, so it's not like we don't know one another by now.  I definitely want to be with him for the rest of my life and I would love for him to be a father.  BUT BUT BUT, he says he's not ready for a kid and the thought of having one is a big turn off.  I'm not exactly sure what's given him such a bad taste in his mouth, I know they're a handful and it changes your life forever, but how could creating a new life be such a turn off?  I don't want to pressure him, yet I feel like if we never try - I am being robbed of my opportunity to be a mother.  It's amazing...this great gift that we as woman were granted.  So...I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.  My body is saying reproduce and my husband is saying not anytime soon.  I understand I'm still young but I don't want to be a 40yr old mother to a 5yr old - - you catch my drift here?
 
So a big THANKS to all you ladies out there who are pregnant, trying to get pregnant or just popped a baby out....I think reading all these blogs has gotten my clock in a tizzy and I cannot locate the snooze button

1 comment:

  1. If you wait for the "perfect" time to have a baby you never will. You will never be settled enough, have enough money, or be 100% ready until you just do it. I think y'all would make a cute little baby! :)

    ReplyDelete