Mar 28, 2011

Rain Rain Rain

This weekend was pretty drab.  Hardy I went out to eat Friday to Olive Garden (yum), then headed over to Movie Stop to trade in a few movie's and pre-order True Blood Season 3.  Saturday we finally got out of bed at a staggering 10:30am.  We usually never sleep in that late but we did, I think it was because of the rain.  We got up, ate lunch and then spent the rest of the afternoon/early evening entertaining some unexpected guests.  What we thought was going to be a cuddle day, watching movies while it rained we ended up having company. Not that I'm complaining, it wasn't a huge inconvenience but sometimes...I just want a weekend to myself. 
 
I ended up getting a migraine before we headed to bed Saturday.  I was laying in bed at like 10:40 and started hearing this loud popping noise on our roof...Hardy was in the shower at the time so of course I couldn't pull the usual wife line "What was that?  Did you hear it?".  I ran downstairs and opened the front door, we were getting pummeled with hail, the biggest hail I'd ever seen in person.  I was so worried about my car because for once in a long time, I had parked in the driveway this weekend.  Hardy tried to investigate but it was hard to see it because it was still raining really heavily and was dark.  I picked up a few pieces of hail from our flower bed - - they were about the size of cherry/grape tomato's and were actually pretty heavy.

Unfortunately, my migraine spent the night with me and was still with me in the morning.  We checked on my car, found about 4 dents on the roof but nothing worth reporting to my insurance.  I sucked it up and we went to church, took one of my pills and crossed my fingers it wouldn't come back.  We did some grocery shopping at Publix, got lunch at Shane's (which by the way - - @ Flowery Branch they offer 10% off if you show your church bulletin) and went home.  We watched a few episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, yes....we have the entire series on DVD, I napped and then we had dinner and went to bed.
 
Now is the beginning of another work week.  Spring has certainly sprung because the phone's here are crazy - by the way Rachael - - we got your payment :)
 
I'll be working 4 Saturday's between now and Memorial Day weekend to try and make up my vacation time that I had to use in January thanks to the big snow of 2011.  Ah well, at least I get to make the time up.

No comments:

Post a Comment