Oct 6, 2010

Update

.LIFE.


Well things have been really tight lately. Who hasn't it been tight for? The economy has sucked for a while now but there seem to be up and down points where it doesn't feel AS bad and then other times where it feels like you can't even pick yourself up off the ground. You want to pay off a credit card but find yourself having to use it to buy gas or groceries because your bills have officially eaten all of your paycheck. We're trying to pay extra to our house payment now because our stupid taxes are outrageous this year (thank you stupid county assessor who can't assess a property correctly). I will make certain to appeal the stupid assessment next year. Work is work is work, Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm every week. Married life is great, I guess other than the new jewelry and last name every thing is the same as before, lol. But I do love my Hardy :)

.FALL.

Does it not feel AMAZING outside?!? Ahhh I'll admit I've gotten a tad chilly from time to time over the last week but still I love it. It seems you can always find a way to warm up but you can't always find a way to cool down. I love seeing the leaves change and fall off their tree's, I love how crisp the air feels. I just love it all. Every October for the last three years Hardy and I have what we call a "horror-movie-thon" where we pick a theme each week of October and watch a movie or two each night after work that associates with that theme. We started it a week early this year since October started on a Friday. Week 1 Sept 27 - Oct 1 was creature week (Cujo, Gojira, Alone in the Dark and one other I can't remember). This week Oct 4 - 8 is Comedy/Children's week and so far we've watched Hocus Pocus, Harry Potter & The Scorcerer's Stone, Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Ghoulies II. We haven't decided on a theme for next week yet but we have plenty of zombie movies so I'm sure we will have a whole week dedicated to that genre.


.FUN WITH FRIENDS.

Volunteering at the haunted house gives us an outlet...it's like a world in its own. Through this we have met a lot of interesting people who will always be in our memory. Last year Hardy and I met a couple, Danny & Shannon (they're getting married next May at the marina). We always talked during the haunted house in 2009 but never really did anything outside of it. This year after seeing one another before the haunted house season began we decided we should hang out more. We've spent two Friday's over at their house so far and have thoroughly enjoyed our time with them. It's not often you find a couple where all four of you get along, but we do. Hardy and Danny especially have a lot of similar interests in music and movies and Shannon and I can talk about anything and everything. I am so thankful to have found them - - I will forever keep in touch with them.

My friend Ashley (from work) is getting married to her long-time boyfriend Eric on 10/23/10, I'm so excited for her - she is such a sweet girl and she and Eric are perfect for one another :), 2010 seems like the year to get married...so many people on Facebook have gotten married, I got married - something is in the water!!!

.HAUNTED HOUSE.

PLEASE COME SEE US!!! This past weekend we had 8 people pee their pants! Coupons are available at Spirit Halloween in Buford, Gainesville and Cumming as well as numerous businesses/restauraunts in Dahlonega, GA. Tickets are $12/pp (without coupon). We're open every Friday and Saturday thru Halloween at dark (also open Thursday 10/28 and Sunday 10/31). LOOK FOR THE SEARCH LIGHTS!!

1250 Red Oak Flats Rd
Dahlonega, GA 30533
706-867-9105
http://www.rottenrusty.com/
www.myspace.com/rottenrusty
www.facebook.com/rotnrustyproductions
(like us on Facebook if you haven't already!!)

I'm not a character INSIDE the haunt this year, I'm OUTSIDE. I am supposed to entertain the que. Last weekend we had a tough crowd but I did manage to make a few people laugh. I also hop to the exit and try to get feedback from customer's. So far we've gotten great reviews :)

.VACATION.

This Thanksgiving, Hardy and I are going on a cruise with My mom, Phillip and Trevor. We're going on the same cruise we went on during our honeymoon (Royal Caribbean, Monarch of the Seas). My mom was so taken aback by the photo's of the crystal clear water in the bahama's she wanted to see it for herself. Hardy's hoping we'll have enough time either before or after the cruise to make a pit stop at Universal Studio's to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I think we'll have a blast regardless of what we do. Cruising is sooo relaxing, especially since you have all these activities to do on the ship while still having the ability to run back to your room real fast if need be. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment