Hardy and I love Barnes & Noble. They always have some awesome deals on books, even hardback versions. This past weekend I found a Disney book for only $5.98! It’s titled; The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World Planner (A complete organizer, journal and keepsake for your unforgettable vacation) by Susan Veness and Simon Veness.
I started flipping through it the same day; I couldn’t help myself. And to my amazement, there are MANY tips/tricks/secrets I never thought or knew about. I thought I would share some of these with you since most of you like or love Disney as much as I do. If you don’t like Disney…maybe this will change your mind and inspire you to book yours. Let me know if you do – I’m interested in becoming a travel agent…no seriously.
This first post will be about random tips for visiting Walt Disney World (WDW for short).
- STAY COOL - The two best parks to avoid the heat are Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studio’s, which have the highest percentage of indoor/air-conditioned attractions.
- Baby Care Center’s - are available in Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. They provide Carnation baby formulas (for free) as well as diapers, sunscreen and some otc medications. It’s also a great way to take a break from the sun/crowd with your little one(s).
- Rider Swap – I haven’t personally tried this, but according to this guide if you are traveling with a small child who doesn’t meet the rides requirements or is uninterested – ask about Rider Swap. One adult can stay with a nonrider while the rest of the group rides, then another adult can wait with the nonrider while the first adults goes straight to the front of the line. This means you only stand in line once. Ask the ride attendant about Rider Swap before getting in line.
- Fastpass – IT’S FREE so use it when you can. Go to the attraction, look for the Fastpass distribution boxes (or ask an attendant where they are), put in your park ticket and a Fastpass will be distributed (unless all of them have been given for the day). You’ll have to do this for everyone in your party at the same time so you can all return to the ride together. You can get a Fastpass every two hours and immediately after your time slot starts.
ATTRACTIONS RECOMMENDED FOR FASTPASS
Peter Pan’s Flight
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Toy Story Mania!
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
Voyage of The Little Mermaid
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Kali River Rapids
It’s Tough To Be a Bug!
***Fastpass of course if only available if there’s a long wait for the attraction.
If the wait is short, most Fastpass distribution boxes will be closed.
- Apps – there are several Disney apps available for your convenience.
o IPhone, iPod, iPad
o Disney World Park Hours
o Disney World Wait Times
o Disney World Dining
o Disney World Park Maps
o Hidden Mickeys – Disney World
o Disney World Vacation Countdown
o My Disney Experience – you can connect your current Disney reservation with this app.
o Disney World Hidden Mickeys
o Disney World Character Find
o Disney World Wait Times
NEXT POST WILL BE ABOUT MAGIC KINGDOM!