Nov 15, 2010

Weekend

Visiting Alabama


Last Friday after work Hardy and I drove to my mom's in Birmingham. We thought we'd get a nice kickstart to the trip by leaving straight from work instead of going home and packing - - well we were wrong. The traffic right at Atlantic Station on 85 was awful. We finally got on I-20 but were stuck at Post Rd due to some major accident...it was awful. We crawled for about an hour and only went about 1mi. Once the wreck was cleared and we did speed up there was nothing to be said for the accident - - no evidence, no cops...it was crazy.

Saturday, mom and I got up and went to JCPenny to get Hardy a new shirt/tie for his suit and I found a cute little black dress to wear on formal night. While we were gone, Phillip (stepdad), Trevor (younger brother) and Hardy watched some football on TV, then went outside and tossed a football back and forth. Of course we watched College football for a good portion of the day after our shopping venture. I was surprised I sat through it all. For dinner we had steak, baked potato and grilled onions - - it was sooooo delicious. My mom, Phillip and Trevor just moved into this new house about a month and a half ago - it is absolutely beautiful. All sides brick, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bath, 2 car garage...I just love it. They have everything decorated so nicely too...makes me feel like my house is all hodge podge! Seems like the less items you have, the cleaner it looks too. If all you have is basic (meaning the stuff you ACTUALLY use and sit on) furniture and things hung on the walls, there's less to pick up!


Countdown to the cruise

Next Sunday we'll be headed to Port Canveral, FL. I'm excited but not quite 100%. I'm always a late bloomer in terms of excitement. It will generally hit me the day before, definitely the night of and the day of. Usually I have a hard time sleeping the night before we're leaving to do something. It's so silly, I can even remember being excited about Six Flags?!? Oh the things that make you happy....

On our way home, we're planning to stop at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure to check out The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Hardy's read the series I don't know how many times, we own all of the movies...and of course we'll see the new one due out Friday. It should be fun though, I plan to take a lot of photo's. From what I understand it's pretty accurate in terms of things being recreated.

No comments:

Post a Comment