Nov 16, 2010

^^....MEOW....^^ 

A day in the life of MUAH...
 
Allow me to introduce myself, I am Tinker Bell (aka Princess Tinker Bell to those who matter).  I am 6.5yr old CALICO feline (not to be confused with a tortoiseshell).  CALICO is not a breed but rather a color pattern, I still like to categorize myself as such.  Did you know that CALICO feline's are almost always female?  This is because male feline's carry 1 X and Y chromosome, the Y chromosome has no color genes so there is no chance a male feline could have orange and a non-orange coat.  If a male is born CALICO this means he has a genetic mutation and carries 2 X chromosomes and one Y chromosome and would be sterile.
 
Now that I've taught you all something...let's move back to me.
 
From the photo you can see I have a beautiful white, orange and black coat, I weigh in at a "petite" 18lbs and I love everything to do with ME. I live in my kingdom with my mommy and daddy, or my servants...however you prefer to identify them, as well as my nephew, Flower.  I live inside only, although occasionally I wish I could break out of here.  1600sqft is a lot of space, but there's so much more out there in the big bright world - my servants never let me out (shame on them).  They always babble something like "No Princess,  you can't go outside, there are dogs who will chase you or other animals who could attack you!".  Whatever...what do they know?
 
I spend most of my days resting, you know every Princess needs her beauty rest.  Anywhere I want to sleep, I sleep.  In a box, on my servants bed, on the stairs, couch, chair, rug...the list goes on.  Any idea why my servants get a bigger bed than I do?  I generally sleep on it with them but can't you tell I deserve a bed fit for royalty??  Anyways, when I'm not sleeping, I am eating...or drinking...or wrestling/playing with Flower. 
 
Until next time my dearest fans....until next time.
 
~"A cat can be trusted to purr when she is pleased, which is more than can be said for human beings." - William Ralph Inge

1 comment: