Sep 25, 2015

Disney Vacay Day 3

We woke up early and headed to Epcot.  Unless the line is long we always ride Spaceship Earth first.   Another oldie but goodie in our opinion.  It's like a staple.  I couldn't NOT ride it.  There's something about hearing Judi Dench's voice and smelling the fake fire...anyway.




When I got off I went to grab the stroller and noticed a curious little squirrel was literally hopping from stroller to stroller hunting snacks.  I didn't have my phone on me at the time or I would have taken his picture!

We went to the Character Spot (another indoor exhibit) to meet Mickey, Goofy and Minnie!  FYI: Epcot has the most A/C of all 4 parks!








Next we checked out The Seas with Nemo & Friends, we were all starving so I was able to get our dinner at Coral Reef changed to lunch!  After riding Living with The Land and Journey Into Imagination with Figment we went to lunch.  We got a table right next to the aquarium so had an awesome view of the rays, sharks and even some sea turtles!

I had the strip steak with cheddar mashed potatoes and green beans, Hardy had the Mahi Mahi.  Both dishes were so so so super good.

After lunch we went to take our turns riding Soarin'.  Persephone got to run a muck with some other kiddo's inside the waiting area of Soarin'.  Hardy wanted to go do Mission Space and Test Track so I pushed the stroller into the Innoventions building (which I hear is being re-done soon...to what I don't know).  Anyway it was super cool and for the most part quiet.  Eventually Persephone passed out!  If I had had a pillow, I probably would have done the same.  Hardy and I have always been like hardcore "park" people.  We get up at the crack of dawn, go to the parks and stay until there's absolutely nothing else we want to do.  Persephone was an honest to God trooper following our footsteps, but in our old age....we realize we need some more down time!  Our next trip will be longer so we can take advantage of the resort pools and just relaxing in general.

Once the Princess awoke, we rode Ellen's Universe of Energy.  In true Disney Junkie fashion, Persephone started asking to ride Goofy's ride and Dumbo a few times that day.  We were considering hopping back to MK, but that night was Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and we didn't have tickets for it.  As we left Epcot, I stopped in their Guest Relations office and bought the passes for MNSSHP.  We jumped on the monorail and headed for MK!

We saw so many neat costumes coming and going.  I never got pictures with any of them.  It was pretty darn crowded considering you had to pay extra on top of the park ticket.  I was expecting it to be a little lighter, but I was wrong.  Maybe because it was a Friday night?  Mainly the spaces where people were trick or treating and meeting specific characters were most congested.  Ride waits weren't horrific.  In fact we got on Haunted Mansion in less than 20min.

Persephone got to meet Goofy again...

Please just take a moment to look at the joy in this girls face.






We did a little bit of trick or treating.  The line to meet the Seven Dwarfs (yes literally all of them) was sooooooooooooooooooooooo long.  I also saw Jafar, Gaston, Aladdin and Abu, Fairy Godmother and I'm sure some others I can't recall.  We left around 10pm...waited forever for a bus of course.  I feel like the Value resorts are always the farthest bus stops!

No comments:

Post a Comment