Sep 21, 2015

Disney Vacay Day 1

As many times as we've been to Disney we've never flown.  I snagged what I thought was a good deal through Southwest after a friend used them and I'm so glad we did.  An 8.5-9hr drive may not be HORRIBLE, but you just waste so much of your possible vacation traveling.

We had to get up at 3:45am on 9/16, my BFFLADYFI Tabitha drove us to the airport.  We left at 7:00am and landed safely around 8:20am.  Persephone did great!  She watched Monsters, Inc on Mimi's iPad most of the time and looked out the window.  Only once during our descent did she mention her ears bothering her.

We were so proud of her.  Once we landed, we hopped on Disney's complimentary Magical Express to get to our hotel.  The BEST part about this was because we chose the DME prior to our trip, they mailed us luggage tags and we didn't even have to find our suitcase after the flight.  Disney picked it up and had it in our hotel room once it was ready.  The motor coach was nice and comfortable and not crowded.  Upon arriving at All Star Music, the bell stand was able to hang out to our carry on suitcase and put it in our room later too!

I chose Kingdom Strollers to rent a stroller and I'm so happy I did.  I didn't want to lug ours around and also didn't want to risk it being damaged.  We chose to rent the City Mini which was so awesome.  It collapsed in one pull of a strap and was a super smooth ride for Persephone.  It also came with a small cooler and a stroller poncho!  I also loved how far the canopy went down to block the sun from Persephone.

Since our room wasn't ready we hopped on the bus to Hollywood Studios!

I pre-purchased the Memory Maker (which allows you to download, order, print..etc all of the photos taken during your trip using Disney's Photo Pass).  I really tried hard to stop as many places as we could to get our photos!




Our first ride was one of my personal favorites, The Great Movie Ride :)  From there we headed to Muppet Vision 3D.  Then we met Lightning McQueen and Towmater.




Then we met Buzz (a little creepy looking) and Woody!




We had a super delicious lunch at Mama Melrose's.  You would never know Disney buildings are as large as they are from the outside.

The food was superb!

From there we went to see The Little Mermaid show, then Disney Jr. Live

Afterward we met Princess Sofia!



As soon as we left Sofia we walked to meet Mike & Sully from Monsters, Inc

Can you spot Persephone?  haha




Unfortunately Mike & Sully don't do autographs?!?  I wonder why...

We let her go play at Honey I Shrunk the Kids, 
but then it started raining so we had to seek shelter for a while.

Hardy and I had a FastPass for Star Tours so we took turns riding 
and Persephone zonked out during my turn.


She woke up during our last photo session of the evening and although she was awake, she wasn't quiet ready for the camera...




We went back to All Star Music and had dinner then hit the sack!

No comments:

Post a Comment