Dec 1, 2010

Where did the time go??

For some reason, I just cannot comprehend it being December 1st.  I've noticed with age, Christmas seems to rotate (what feels like) every 6mos instead of every 12mos.  I can remember in 3rd grade (back when schools had Christmas parties) we were given a small ziplock bag full of fruit loops labeled as "Reindeer Food".  I put it out all over our sidewalk Christmas Eve, it's funny now to hear my mom talk about how big of a pain it was to try and pick those up and crush them so they looked nibbled on.  A little history on my famil, on Christmas Eve my mom would make a delicious roast dinner with mashed potato's, rolls, corn.  After cleaning up, we would open our gifts to/from eachother under the tree and then go to bed.  We were never allowed to sleep in our rooms for fear we would 'peak in' on Santa, so we always made a pallet on the floor in my parents bedroom and fell asleep listening to Christmas tunes on 98.5 or 94.9.  Ahhh the memories, they seem so vivid.  
 
Hardy proposed on Christmas morning 2009, so this year will be special...waking up and remembering that moment.  And even though it's not our first Christmas together, it's our first Christmas as Mr. & Mrs.  A moment I was beginning to think would never happen!! 
 
Things of the season that make me happy:
 
Spending time with family
Listening to Christmas music
Christmas lights
Seeing Christmas tree's through windows
Overcast skies that make me think there could be snow
Watching Christmas movies: The Santa Clause (1, 2 and 3), How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, A Christmas Story, Frosty the Snowman, Christmas Vacation, Love Actually, Home Alone and Prancer (remember that one?!!)...anyway the list goes on.
 
Grandmother update:
 
She is still in good spirits (thankfully).  They've already done a few rounds of chemo since Monday.  I'm so proud of her and happy she decided to go ahead with treatment.  The doctor's were and still are confident that this will work.  The staff at Northside seems to be kind and very helpful.  Keeping you in my prayers Grandmother :)

No comments:

Post a Comment